having been out of the hobby a year...

biomekanic

and not having kept up on the state of the art in gear/and or techniques, anything interesting going on?

I've seen nanoskimmers are now for sale, from Taam and AquaC.

I've heard of a DSB in a bucket, but am pretty unsure what that is.

From skimming the threads, it appears LEDs are still blue sky for reef tanks.

The AquaC remora is supposed to be good. The Fusion nano-skimmer is garbage.

Sand in a bucket. THe idea of a deep sand bed, but removed from the tank. IDK why. I may try this at some point to get the denitrification of the DSB, but not the thick layer of sand in my tank.

Welcome back. I had a break of about 10 years while raising the little animals we call children. :)

dsoz

Simple is fine by me. I was skimming RC and saw comment made that things were getting away from massive water changes and moving more towards small daily supplements to keep levels consistant.

So those little Fusions are junk huh? That's a shame. Any word on the Rio Skimmers?

Big thing now in skimming is meshwheels replacing needlewheels. Chops up bubbles much better. I still haven't seen a small skimmer that is reliable.

LEDs are still a ways from being productive for our tanks, but they are getting closer.

DSB versus BB is one of the biggest debates at this point. That and T5s versus MH.

• 2 weeks later...