Tank drilling in Eugene

biomekanic

I'd like to build an overflow and returns into my 30g and get it setup again. Would there be anyone locally able to help?

I'd be glad to pay in cash/beer/and or pizza.

I could be talking out my [language filter] here (no surprise there) but IIRC, Impur did this a few years ago and it was pretty sweet looking.

do you have a dremmel (or a cheep imitation). You could easily do it yourself with one. The hole may not be a perfect circle, but if it is close than the bulkhead should still seal. And you can goop the bulkhead with silicone to hold it all together.

dsoz :)

A couple beers and you got a deal! Just let me know when you want to do it. Are you wanting to drill holes or take out a small section of the glass and make an external overflow? I've done both :D

Miles

I was thinking a small section of glass. Kind of torn as to what I want to do with the tank.

Either a bare bottom SPS with Fiji rock, or a bare bottom with a remote DSB in the sump and FL liverock from TBS. Either way a sump, and probably a Wave2K. Not sure if a corner model or a center one. I'm still in the planning stages at this point.

I've got the lighting to go either way (still have that 400w halide I won sitting in the box :D ) or my old 175mh/ 2x20w vho hood.

EDITED: I meant SPS, not LPS.

• 4 years later...
Many a years later.... How did that work out? I am wanting to drill some holes in my tank for a sump overflow but have no idea where to go' date=' cos god knows if I do it I will make the universe implode on itself.[/quote']

(laugh) Well if you get the hole saws i'd be happy to help you drill.

Franklin might have a hole saw you can borrow. PM him' date=' he's a really nice guy.[/quote']

I heard he's a real jerk. Shot his wife in the head with rubber band while she was sleeping! She then drove to Freddie's and spent all his money!

Yep he has a hole saws and a roto zip.