72gal Bowfront .....New Member

JHiestand

Hey Everyone,

Just want to introduce myself, John, and show everyone the tank that I setup. This is my first saltwater build. Alot of reading online and this is what I came up with.

Here is the tank right after I bought it, wish I would have done the reading before I bought it but oh well, Live and learn. Had a double bio wheel filter and a Fluval 405 canister filter.

IMG_0208.jpg

After losing two fish, I decided it was time for a rebuild, so I decided on sump/refugium combo. Here is the sump, it's a 20l that I glued the baffles in.

IMG_0243.jpg

I hand built the overflow boxed based off of others I have seen. I run a laser at work so I can cut whatever I need from acrylic, speaking of, if anyone needs stuff done out of acrylic just PM me I can work out a deal I'm sure.

IMG_0270.jpg

Here is the sump plumbed up during my first test.

IMG_0265.jpg

FTS during first test.

IMG_0266.jpg

Cylce time, added 15lbs of sand and some chaeto. That is a coralife 125 skimmer.

IMG_0274.jpg

And here is the final setup. 75-85lbs of rock and 60lbs of aragonite. You can see the overflow box in the top right corner of the tank.

IMG_0040.jpg

Here is another must have, my RO/DI setup that's in the garage.

IMG_0262.jpg

I am very happy with this tank. For livestock I have:

Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish

Volitans Lionfish

Gold Face Goby

Snowflake Moray Eel

Pair of Percula Clowns... I think percula.

Blue Jaw Trigger

I just picked up a 100gal truvu with stand, so that will be an upcoming build thread. I will be moving fish around once I get that one up and running but I see at least 6 months before that tank will be going.

Anyways take care, and feel free to leave comments or questions.

John

Welcome to the forum. I could not have been nearly as successful with my tank without this resourse.

Funny how easy it is to upgrade. I had a 75 for a month and then moved on to my 120.

PS I like the FOWLR setup. SO many great fish avalible that I can only dream of :)

Archived