IS THIS NORMAL?

Derbird

Hello everyone,

My hammer head coral has been in my tank for about a month now. Its a two headed hammer head coral from WestSide. If the light is on its always open and seems really happy. Tonight when I was feeding everone and cleaning the sand off the rocks (darn goby) I noticed that it looked like it blew a bubble (scary)

hammerheadbubble.jpg

Sorry for the horrible camera phone pix but in the middle of the upper head it looks like one of the hammers blew up in a bubble. Really wierd. I was wondering if this is alright or it its a reason to be concerned? (scratch)

Thank you for your help and all input is welcome (whistle)

I've seen this happen to several different types of Hammer' date=' in several different tanks. Not sure why this happens, but it doesnt seem to hurt the coral and they go back to normal pretty fast[/quote']

Good to hear, I seem to freak out every time some thing new and unexpected happens.

My torch coral does it all the time and I've had it for 5 years with no problems.

Strange that it happens to torches too, must be a LPS thing. But long term success. Always good to hear

Looks to me like part of the stomach is coming out. If it is, then it is a feeding response. Do you ever feed it small pieces of meaty food?

I noticed that when I feed my euphillia they grow new heads faster.

dsoz

Hum that's a thought. I rotate between pellets, baby brine with spirelina, and rod's food. And that night was rod's food night (laugh). I would love to see it grow some new heads so maybe this is a good sign.

Thank you to every one for your help. Its a stange hobby with so much going on I don't think I will ever compleatly know whats going on in my tank. Definatly a new world from freshwater. But thats part of the fun :)

Archived