WWT Pink Birds Nest

Smann

I have to prune one of my Pink Birds Nest colonies, I can bring pieces to the meeting tomorrow. PM any trades you have, If you are starting into SPS and want to try a small piece let me know. I can mount them on small LR pieces or bring them loose

Some of the pieces will be a few inches long and multiple branches if I can get them

This is the colony

birdsnest-5.jpg

It will be the pieces on the bottom and lower front, its starting to shade a large Favia

birdsnes2t.jpg

Steve

Thanks you for the Xenia. Turns out that stuff is slimmy as heck. Went to put it in my tank and one of the small pieces slid between my fingers and straight into the power head. Woops. got one attached to a rock with a rubber band and the third piece my emerald crab claimed as his and drug it into his cave. I heard this is some resilant coral I hope so cause I put it through hell right out of the gate =0 wish me Luck and thanks for the generosity =)

Ill bring some kena tree frags ill trade a small frag I havent had good luck with sps in the past but my yellow birds nest is the only one I still have and its doing fine.

Thanks for bringing those pieces, I have a similar one of the sps you gave me, mine grows like "paddles" and is light green, looks like yours has some blue in it, I'll have to look up the name!

It was good' date=' the cold water tanks are pretty awesome, especially that they are collecting a lot of their stuff right off the coast or from The Asian fish market!![/quote']

It would be so much fun to go collecting. I keep thinking it would be awesome if a dive instructor would take you collecting when you were on vacation and then ship it to your house. :)

Thanks for bringing those pieces' date=' I have a similar one of the sps you gave me, mine grows like "paddles" and is light green, looks like yours has some blue in it, I'll have to look up the name![/quote']

mine grows like paddles also let me know how they do.

the birds nest looks great the xenia detached from the rock i put them on and went some were doh im sure they will pop up some were i didnt want them.

Robert

Archived