New Reeflo pumps

Bicyclebill

I signed up to be a beta tester for Reeflo's new smaller line of external pumps. I got the BH1100. I've had this going for a couple months now, but here was my initial response back to Reeflo. Got the pump installed today. Wow, this thing is incredibly powerful and incredibly quiet. I had an EcoPlus 1267 running before just as return duty only. It was a little loud, and the vibration was quite noticeable. I hooked the BH1100 up as return with a 1/2" tee to run my biopellet reactor (I had a fully open 2000 l/hr pump running the reactor before). Now, even with the reactor teed off return line, I'm running the medium speed on the pump! Running full speed gives a bit too much flow and I didn't anticipate needing to dial it down. I may put a valve in line later and run full speed, but running medium speed is probably where I'll leave it. Worth mentioning is that I've got a 1.5" bulkhead in my tank for overflow, and this pump could easily overdo it without the tee off for my reactor.

It's nice to feel that the motor is warm; that leads me to believe it's not transferring it to the water.

I'm very happy with the pump, and the price is very reasonable for the flow it puts out and how quiet it is.

Archived