help with some ID

Chindo

Hey guys I got these in my tank and not sure what they are.....

[ATTACH]12074[/ATTACH]

Also about the manjos in the back I have them on just about every rock DOH! do you guys think peppermint shrimp will take care of them Thanks guys

post-8113-141867788105_thumb.jpg

those look like palythoas and i kinda dig em as they come in alot of patterns and colors.as fara s the majanos i have not had peppermints eat them and boy have i tried.sometimes you can nudge the little foot enough to come loose then take him out.they are pretty bad so i would nip it in the bud.getting rid of em when you have some in the back of your rock will be impossible.

I would say they are also button polyps. I have in the past taken a diabetic syringe with a short needle and injected the mojano with white vinegar. I have never heard of peppermint shrimp eating them. If all else fails you are looking at the torch method. Mojano are a pain but you can get rid of them eventually. It just takes awhile.

Definitely palys. Don't need to be fed but enjoy to be meat or mysid target fed once in a while. If they stay happy and healthy, in a year that colony will easily be over a hundred polyps.

May want to read about palytoxin before you do anything with them though if you're not familiar with it. Extremely deadly if you're careless with them.

Sent from the droid you're looking for.

Archived