Auto top off with RO/DI

Bicyclebill

Hello all. I just wanted to share some results I've had running an electric solenoid valve with a float valve and timer from my RO/DI. I've had great results with the manual float valve and my timer, but I've had four solenoid valve failures in six months. Paul from Autotopoff.com has been fantastic with fixing them under warranty, but the last one I got was leaking as soon as I installed it. Lesson learned is that these $15 solenoids are not a wise choice imo considering the consequences.

I have a electric solenoid from graingers, 75.00 or so, for years with no problems. I have it come on with he AquaIII for about 30 mins twice a day thru my RO/DI to a float valve in a 5gal bucket, keeps it about 3/4 full then gravity feed to a float valve in the sump

I have a electric solenoid from graingers' date=' 75.00 or so, for years with no problems. I have it come on with he AquaIII for about 30 mins twice a day thru my RO/DI to a float valve in a 5gal bucket, keeps it about 3/4 full then gravity feed to a float valve in the sump[/quote']

I did some research today, and I've found these from $15 to over $300 so there are definitely some differing levels of quality out there. I use brass ones for work all the time, and they're around $75 for decent ones. Glad to hear the Grainger one isn't the same product. Hard to tell sometimes if company markup's are out of line or not for what seems like the same product.

Archived