Tank threading

akambience

I should have done this a long time ago. I have been meaning to since the “GREAT TANK CRASH OF JUNE 2011” and it's recovery. It was a slow and arduous journey, but the LFS made-good on their promises and made everything better than it was to start with. I’ll be moving at the end of the month, and I’ll use this thread to document the move and pass along lessons learned.

There are frags in here that some of you may recognize. Proudly, I have yet to loose anything that has been given to me; a few close calls and a bit of STN, but nothing too bad. Thank you all for the advice, and support over the last year or so. This tank is very much a result of goodwill, sound advice, exuberant research, generosity and google.

The tank as it stands today:

IMAG0066.jpg

Great to see you finally post a tank thread. I loved the Great Tank Crash of June 2011. Great post. Interesting, entertaining, suspensful, informative. I laughed I cried I jumped out of my seat. Two thumbs up! :) Always good to get that inevitable tank crash out of the way early!

We decided to build a new stand while we are already moving, here is our progress.

From the beginning...

IMAG0067-1.jpg

It all fits in our MINI!!

IMAG0068.jpg

Getting the cuts to line up

IMAG0069.jpg

Framing

IMAG0070.jpg

More framing

IMAG0071.jpg\

IMAG0072.jpg

This is built for the end of the world. I think I went a little overboard with the posts, three 2x4s per corner...

IMAG0074.jpg

IMAG0073.jpg

IMAG0075.jpg

It gets a floor and stain tomorrow, then sealant and maybe doors by this weekend.

Archived