powdertang05

tang poll  

1. 1.

• yellow tang
    • clown tang
    • blue powder
    • chevron
    • no more 2 blues and a salfin is enough

getting a new system need a poll im goign to use a salfin and 2-3 blue tangs and maybe a yellow maybe, but im thinking of using a blue powder or a clown or a chevron. sorry forgot to give more info it s a custom acrylic tank thats 48 long 24 wide 24 tall beautiful tank thanks jason!

I hope the blue tangs are small...I am not one to be a tang police person...but that is the same size as my tank and having 3-4 tangs in that tank is alot...

Chevrons supposedly turn a brown color in adult hood. A clown tang will get big...I think 1 or 2 tangs is plenty...

I know they look tiny now and that 3 0r 5 of them does not seem to make quite a difference but they will get big. So unless you are planning to part with them when they get "big" I would agree with others, you are good with those 3 you have.

Otherwise I would go for a yellow tang (to complement the spectrum of colors you have, but not for its potentially agressive temper!)(enforcer)

Good luck!

• Like 1

well i havent decided im thinking a deltec but im also thinking tunze or mrc but either way im puting lots of money into it or the one at jasons shop that has two pumps dont know but ill get it in a 2 weeks
that duell pumper he has, and if you mod the impellers would be total killer, over killer yea, if I only had the room

I have to go with the concensus, that is too many tangs for that size tank. I have a 90 gallon with a small tang in it, and I think I am pushing it, but my tank will be shut down in about 18 months so that I can move back to oregon. I have a friend here who tried 5 yellows in a 180 with a few other fish and it was a disaster. JMHO.

• 3 years later...

To all of those still voting in this poll, the OP hasn't been on the site since 2007, this thread hasn't been posted in since 2007, the OP obviously doesn't care what anyone has to say about his fish selection at this point, so why keep voting? It's pointless an this thread needs to be closed.