SPS coral feeding

J-Dog

Do u guys feed your corals? I was told my SPS would grow faster and have better color if I fed them on a regular basis. I have no idea what this means, so could someone please help me understand what corals eat or what I should feed them? (scratch)

I like the above mentioned foods. However sps like very low nutrient water. Just make sure you dont over feed. I think a little underfed in premium water is better than fully fed in polluted water. In our tanks with really bright lights, the photosynthesis really makes up the bulk of the corals energy requirements.

I usually feed corals or the fish. Not both. And allow the other to clean up the mess haha

There are a few DYI recipes also, I made one and got all the stuff I needed down at the bottom of the hill where you live at the fish market. The fish like it also so you can do both in one feeding, I do it late at night after the Mp40's go into night mode, fish are still up!

This is one of them I found, I didnt use everything just what I could easily get, I did have all the dry food, vitamins, pellets, etc so it was pretty complete. After blending I poured in an old plastic cube tray I saved from brine shrimp cubes, the rest in a plastic bag and froze into flat sheets

http://saltaquarium.about.com/cs/coralcare/a/aa022803.htm

Archived