Skimmer choices for the new 150gal tank.

Hog Head

Although I have never owned an SWC I have seen them in action and they are sweet!

Dont know if I will ever own anything else-its taken 5 brands before I landed with SWC but it rocks and its the old 200 with the sicce pump.

The new tank will sport the 250A extreme cone with the askoll pump. Super reef octopus rock as well with the bubble blaster pump-

I have not been impressed with PCI-its one of the 5 brands I have "tried" and it to was a recirc.-junk in comparison to RO and SWC

You will love the 250A cone. It is built like a tank and the askoll pump is basically silent. It is a little too big for my 180 but I haven't found anything that I'd rather have.

Dont know if I will ever own anything else-its taken 5 brands before I landed with SWC but it rocks and its the old 200 with the sicce pump.

The new tank will sport the 250A extreme cone with the askoll pump. Super reef octopus rock as well with the bubble blaster pump-

I have not been impressed with PCI-its one of the 5 brands I have "tried" and it to was a recirc.-junk in comparison to RO and SWC

I was looking at either a Reef Octopus or PCI recirculating skimmer for the new tank until I started reading about the SWC extreme cone skimmers. Any opinions or experience with these skimmers out there?

I think i showed you my skimmer briefly, i have the SWC 160 cone. I have a 2nd one in a box for my next tank if you want to come over and check it out more closely.

I think i showed you my skimmer briefly' date=' i have the SWC 160 cone. I have a 2nd one in a box for my next tank if you want to come over and check it out more closely.[/quote']

Thanks Miles. I do remember that. I might just come over and check it out a little closer when I am ready to buy.

Archived