Looking for some help thanks.

Jeramy

I have been scanning all of the forums on this site and reaping all kinds of great information. I am realy impressed with all of the zoa's that I have been deeing and would like some more information. My tank is small not much room for livestock so I want to be selective and make sure the choices I make will be a good fit with my system. I have a 14gal Biocube set up and cycling(I know I have many months to go befor it is stable enough for corals) It has stock pc lighting with 2 24w bulbs 1 10k and 1 actinic also two little 1w moon lights. I am running just shy of 16 lbs of live rock (well soo to be live rock) and about 15 pounds of live sand. Just wondering if I will have enough lighting for any Zoa's and if so what are some of the hardier spiecies? Thanks for all of your input and help thus far (hungry)

For a biocube I would think you would be more then fine with 48W and a shallow bed. I had 54W on my 55 gallon, and all my zoas were doing great in all areas. Zoanthids are ridiculously resilient and quite forgiving to new tanks. Good luck and don’t forget to post pictures when you get going! We love pictures.

As far as what will do well for what kind of light you have, This is a very thorough article and definitely worth a read.

(clap)Awsome thanks for shedding some light on the subject! =) I look foward to having Zoa's in my tank. Do you have to feed them or do they do fine with just reg water changes and light? Are they easy to frag without breaking up the rock I watched a couple of videos on youtube but I dont think that they were going to survive the damage the were takin and the guys said they could leave dry for up to 6 hours , Sound fishy to me! any way thanks for all yor feed back(rock2)

Zoas are amazingly hardy little bastards. You can either peel part of th mat off the rock and cut it, or just use a hammer and chisel. I know that at low tide, they are often left exposed on the rocks, so they can stay dry a while. As for feeding, I had palys that ate like little pigs. just feed your tank, they will get some.

Archived