Location of a heavy big tank acrylic 280G

sontdo

I'm trying to determine the most appropriate location for a 280G tank I bought. I'm not sure my 2nd floor foundation is strong enough to hold this tank. I have a daylight basement with concrete foundation. I plan to put it in the daylight basement, which is my 1st option. Carrying to the daylight basement will be a difficult feat, having a narrow pathway on the side of the house. The easiest option is to leave it in the garage. I don't think this is a good idea but a backup plan. Does anyone have a tank in the garage? I have to hire some strong people to help carrying this tank and stand.

Sonny

I would recommend the basement if possible. I used to have a tank in the garage but the humidity was so bad that it had to be moved inside or everything in my garage was going to be rusted or molded. Now with the tank inside, the central air is able to control the humidity and ambient temperature saving on my heating bill in the winter.

I say if your already hiring some people I would give them the task of carrying the beast into the basement.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

I have a 280 I'm puting in my garage, but its coldwater, so I wont get the evaportion like a tropical tank gets. Right now I have 2 110 gallons in there and the humidity is less than 50% always. I still need to lay down a level pad to put it on since the floor is sloped down towards the garage door.

Whats the measurements of your tank? Mine is 66"x20"x36"

thanks for the inputs. My tank is 72X30X30. The problem is how to carry the stand to the side of the house with 2 big guys. 4 people should be fine but cannot walk through the narrow walkway. This has been holding up on the set up. I'm buffing up the tank too with Novus polish this week. The garage location is easy but I cannot spend too much time in the garage :).

As someone that does this sort of thing frequently (been delivering furniture fo 5 years) I would definately reccomed that you measure the crap out of every pathway befor even trying, as long as the ceiling at the bottom of the stairs is tall enough to stand the tank and stand up on end (if its necessary of corse) and the doorway is wide enough to get them through you should be ok, probably a little sore and winded but ok. If I was closer and had the means to get there I would offer to help

Tank is in basement!

I didnt want to destroy the existing wall, just in case I mat have to sell the house. Also I'm big sure the floor would support the weight.

I got the tank moved to basement from the garage! I waited almost 2 weeks fir this. I'm polishing it now.

Archived