needlewheels beware

izzypop

The water level is at the top of the first chamber where the flange is. The second chamber is all foam. I have always pretty much used a needlewheel for noise, plumbing and size reasons but I'm sold on the dual beckett downdrafts. For a DIY skimmer this thing is nuts.. I was just going to use this in the meantime and now it's staying until it breaks or a better one comes along.

impur: the mesh mods are sweet and work fantastic. H20cooled showed me the mod on a few skimmers. I was actually going to use this beckett in the meantime while ER - H&S, bla bla starting getting the ehiems into production more with the mesh mods all nice and tiddy. Have you ever had a dual becket to compare? I just think they are super noisy and power hogs and don't probably get installed as much. It would be interesting to see a poll on how many becketts vs. needlewheel skimmer owners are out there that have switched.