Does this bother anyone else???

414driver

It seems like alot of posters are using text message language in their posts.....abbreviated words....no punctuation...running everything together....etc. I find this to be annoying to the point of not wanting to continue reading the post.

Anyone else???

Your use of ellipsis instead of commas could be considered poor grammar. There are worse things to worry about. Amiritefolks? Plus' date=' alot isn't a word. You're looking for "a lot".[/quote']

Ditto. LOL!

I do agree, some are careless. They must have comma, caps and period buttons that are to small for fat thumbs on thier phones.

Your use of ellipsis instead of commas could be considered poor grammar. There are worse things to worry about. Amiritefolks? Plus' date=' alot isn't a word. You're looking for "a lot".[/quote']

LOL OMG ;). I totally get your point! I don't mind the abbreviations. All the misspelt wurds can be a destractun tho.

It used to bother me ALOT when people would use too many exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do tend to discount texting laziness! ROTFLMAO

Is there a spell checker app for Android??????????????????????????????????

I would pay more attention to your post but I am too busy wondering and waiting to see if that [language filter] giraffe is going to pop his head up again! He keeps on doing it!!!!!!

I have to go back to Firefox when I'm on the forum, I only used it here when we had problems with the site, it has spell check so i could type then look back and correct. I'm on IE so I sometimes forget it doesnt spell check for me and notice it after I submit a post

It seems like alot of posters are using text message language in their posts.....abbreviated words....no punctuation...running everything together....etc. I find this to be annoying to the point of not wanting to continue reading the post.

Anyone else???

It bothers me enough to the point that I do not read them. My wife is a teacher & some of her colleagues have said that kids are using it in test papers DOH!

The only thing that I find a little annoying is poor spelling, I'm sure I am just as guilty tho. As far as text talk, I find that if I am leaving for a short while, say to use the restroom, I will say brb outloud to the people I am with lol. Sometimes I will pronounce it berb instead of using the initials. But in my defence I used to play a LOT of WoW.

There are some people here who definitely need to use a browser with built-in spell check. Some people say it makes you lazy, but to me, it's made my spelling better. I learn from the mistakes and try not to repeat them.

I don't mind the occasional misspelling, it bothers me more when people don't know which word to use, such as (there, their, or they're). I think this is because they don't read books much. Books are typically proof read by an expert and so are correct. Using the internet all the time, we see the wrong usage over and over and it seems right to us. It is inevitable that this will increase over time. Those of us that were beaten up over this as kids find it frustrating that it has become so bad.

We should use a foreign language in this forum, so we can learn something new.

I suggest italian ;)

I am sorry for my poor grammar. I do my best. I am learning from my son, but his last sentence was: "ugnanga guu daaa"

It doesn't bug me at all, but I just got out of highschool, so I am used to it. I don't use perfect grammar or perfect spelling on here because 99% of the time I'm posting from my phone. It's quite a hassle to type symbols and for some reason ever since I updated the software on my phone I can't see what I type until I post it, so I can't proof read anything.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

TMI people, TMI.

Most of you old guys are like...."what the Eff is TMI?"

99% of the time i post from my phone...but I don't usually use text language as I know it can be annoying. But, iPhone has this ingenious auto correct that drives me insane...constantly changes words, and if I don't catch it everytime, I end up typing some pretty strange sentences:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMI people, TMI.

Most of you old guys are like...."what the Eff is TMI?"

99% of the time i post from my phone...but I don't usually use text language as I know it can be annoying. But, iPhone has this ingenious auto correct that drives me insane...constantly changes words, and if I don't catch it everytime, I end up typing some pretty strange sentences:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhh yes the iphone autocorrect app!(rock2)(rock2) I get some odd texts from Beth sometimes(scratch)(laugh)

I tend to do that' date=' Its like a bad habit I can't break, but it also does not bother me either when people do it, so.[/quote']

+1 on this. leave your OCD at home or work. don't need it hear on the forum..(whistle) lol(laugh)

+1 on this. leave your OCD at home or work. don't need it hear on the forum..(whistle) lol(laugh)

I hate it when people use multiple Emoticons, your only supposed to use one per reply.....(laugh)...j/k (For those who don't like shortened "Text" style wording...J/K means Just Kidding....see there I go again, its a bad habit I tell you...lol...whoops there I go again...LOL means Laugh out Loud...Dangit...MUST STOP...lol...Dang)

I hate it when people use multiple Emoticons' date=' your only supposed to use one per reply.....(laugh)...j/k (For those who don't like shortened "Text" style wording...J/K means Just Kidding....see there I go again, its a bad habit I tell you...lol...whoops there I go again...LOL means Laugh out Loud...Dangit...MUST STOP...lol...Dang)[/quote']

LOL OMG What?!!! A world without emoticons or smileys?(scary)(scary) Say it isn't so!(sad)

How about big lettters? Does that bother anyone?!! rofl

How about big letters in different colors?!!

(clap)(clap)(clap) rofl rofl

How about rep points? Does that bother anyone?!(wife)(enforcer) (laugh)

You know what bothers me?!!!!(scratch)

The stupid neighbor who rang the doorbell at 520 in the morning to let us know that the sprinkler system was getting his garage wet!DOH!DOH!DOH!DOH!DOH!DOH! [language filter]?(nutty)(nutty)(nutty)(nutty)(nutty)(flame)(flame)(flame)(flame)(flame)(flame)(flame)

You know what else bothers me. The stupid daycare worker who parks in my spot in front of my house and then uses my lawn to have her picnic and leaves trash on my lawn!(nutty)(nutty)(nutty)(flame)(flame) [language filter]?!!!(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)

This Rant and Rave was brought to you by the letter "R"(laugh)(laugh) Okay now back to our regularly scheduled thread!(backtotopic)

I aint posting in this hear forum to be educattionally korrect-[language filter], its a step above a chat room half fer of the time.......

Kim you should 'spect that in your hood-I mene for pete's sake last time i was there 4 out of 5 peeps where waerin tye die shirt, and nun of the women had shaved their armpits-WTH is that all about.....end 'bout the persun neck door, if ewe were my neighbore I would not have rang your bell, I would uv cut your hose with the knife I use fer skinnin possums...... dont you no houses should not get wet in Orygun-

WTH yur such a massengill rofl

but a SSSSSSSSSSSexy 1 @ that

I aint posting in this hear forum to be educattionally korrect-[language filter], its a step above a chat room half fer of the time.......

Kim you should 'spect that in your hood-I mene for pete's sake last time i was there 4 out of 5 peeps where waerin tye die shirt, and nun of the women had shaved their armpits-WTH is that all about.....end 'bout the persun neck door, if ewe were my neighbore I would not have rang your bell, I would uv cut your hose with the knife I use fer skinnin possums...... dont you no houses should not get wet in Orygun-

WTH yur such a massengill rofl

but a SSSSSSSSSSSexy 1 @ that

rofl Waw! I always kinda wondered what your posts would like like when you didn't run the spell check!(laugh)

As far as the au natural armpits(scratch) I can not speak about that as I was not checking out all the tie dyed women!(nono) I just find it odd(nutty) that the neighborhood somehow thinks my house is a public park!DOH!(laugh)

Get off my lawn kids !(wife)(laugh)

Peace love and body hair!(laugh)

Archived