It aint much, but it's a start

Tat2d

I'd like to say I'm back bigger and better than last time, but that's not the case. But I am feeling fortunate to have a glass box of any sort back in the house at this point(clap) This thread is not so much to show off as it is for me to look back and see the progress down the road.

Anyway, it's a 29 gal. with a couple of HOB filters and a Korilia for water movement. Lighting is extremely weak. 4x18w N.O. t-5s. Honestly, I have no idea how anything is even alive....let alone looking good under these lights.(scratch) The previous owner had even less light. All the livestock/rock/sand came with the tank. It was however, all in a different tank than it is now.

I will be upgrading to a 250 watt d.e. pendant with 2 p.c. actinics and led moonlights next week. The next project will be to either convert a 10 gal tank into a sump or find someone on the forum to custom build me one. Then a skimmer. So much for simple and cheap DOH!

I plan on eventually doing mostly SPS, with a couple of softies thrown in for giggles.

Here's a couple of pics.

th_IMG_2199.jpg

th_IMG_2200.jpg

idk if u got my pm but if u want it i have a ten gallon id give u just to get it out of my way can come with a light if ur gonna do a little fuge or just want a light haha let me know

Sorry I haven't replied, I'm still trying to figure out what direction to go. I do already have a 10 gal. and a couple of extra lights in the garage if I decide to go that route.

Thank you for the kind offer though. I appreciate it. The generosity of the folks on this site never ceases to amaze me.

I think I'm leaning towards something custom so I can take advantage of every bit of the space in the stand.

first upgrade

Picked up a double ended 250 watt halide w/2x65 pc actinic and 8 led moonlight pendant from Newfisher tonight. WOW!(clap) Thanks John!

I'll post a pic after they come on tomorrow.

The only downside was, I saw his new LED setup before I hooked up my lights. That'll suck the wind out of your sails.DOH! Those things are unbelievable!!!

Now to figure out the sump/skimmer situation(scratch)

Thats gonna be a sweet little reef there-

Its hard to get that monkey off the back huh, just a small tank for now........

What can I say.......motorcycles, reef tanks, tattoos, and guns. I wish I could find a cheap hobby. My wife says I should try reading. I told her "I do. I read about motorcycles, reef tanks, tattoos, and guns."(laugh)

I see a much larger one in the near future...

looking good!

Funny you should say that. I am currently agonizing over either doing the sump, skimmer, and separate cabinet to house ATO and calcium reactor for this tank, or waiting till something bigger comes along that can house it all under the tank. I really like the way this one looks and the potential it has, but bigger is better and all that.

What can I say.......motorcycles, reef tanks, tattoos, and guns. I wish I could find a cheap hobby. My wife says I should try reading. I told her "I do. I read about motorcycles, reef tanks, tattoos, and guns."(laugh)

That is funny. I have the same hobbies (plus I recently added homebrewing) and my wife and I have had the same reading conversation. I get picked on for only reading magazines.

That is funny. I have the same hobbies (plus I recently added homebrewing) and my wife and I have had the same reading conversation. I get picked on for only reading magazines.

It's amazing how many hobbies we all have in common! Home brewing may be next for me once I get the space.

Bobby,

I really like this little tank but agree that a larger tank makes more sense for what you want to achieve. So much more stability and space for corals and equipment.

What's up Bobby, how have things been? What happened to the other tank? New tank is looking good. I just pocked up a 90 w/ overflow built in, 3 powerheads and a big return pump for $100 bucks yesterday. This new tank will replace my 55 gallon which will become the sump for the 90. :-)

Archived