Worm and Rock Problem

jabrbox

All - Last night my wife couldn't take looking at the Euchid (?) worm any longer, she said at one point he was out at least 12" and part of him still in the rock. I probably should have set a trap, but like I stated, we cant take anymore slithering. (scratch)

We pulled the live rock out of the tank and bucketed it for over 30 min, washed gently to get off some algae, no sign of this worm. We figure this actually isnt his rock, I put it back in the tank after about 30 min,..(nutty) here he comes...I yarded the rock back out of the tank (irratated at this point, its late (flame)) put it in the bucket and put him outside.

This morning the end of this monster is visible but there is no way to grab it and pull it out of the rock. I dont want to put the rock back in for fear of contaminating the tank?

Any advice here? (I know should have trapped him) DOH!

If you have an air compressor gently blow air into the holes in the rocks(remember your saftery glasses). Get a good bright flash light and see if you can push him out with a piece of tube and or skewers. If he is dead pull/push as much out as possible use a good strong stream of water to flush as much of his dead body out. Then let a clean up crew take care of the rest. Just some quick ideas I would try.

I got the worm last night! Thanks for all of the input, after 1 full night and all day out on the front porch in a little bit if water that thing was still alive! I went into Upscales to buy some new lights, and told themabout it, he gave me a plastic bag with some clear "very stinky" chemical in it, pored it into the bucket and within 15 min that worm came running out of the rock. I will post the name of the chemical the next time I go in there and ask them, it worked amazing. Washed the rock off and put it back in the tank, zero problems......knock on wood

Archived