Hardy acro?

Gill

I have avoided acros because of the difficulty many have keeping them alive. I have been tempted lately to give one a try, in particular the ORA Red Planet. I guess my question is wether or not the Red Planet is hardy/more hardy than other acros? Any personal experience would be great, thanks in advance. :)

Millies in general are pretty hardy as well as some birdsnests-With acros its more about stability than anything (granted higher light is usually part of the equation) some are kjust more demanding than others but key is stability-Akalinty being most important and then calcium.

Did I mention stability-(laugh)

Good luck!

I asked Pantherguy30 if he would frag me a piece off of his awesome red planet colony. Check out the pics he sent me (clap) I am so excited!!!

dc930b1c.jpg

93d7865e.jpg

Looks good. If you want some more hardy acros let me know I have some that I can frag for cheap.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

i have red planet' date=' I get long fuzzy polyp extension on mine. I think it is either a. millepora or a. prostrata[/quote']

Shows how much I know about colored sticks LOL :)

Did it survive your crash?

• 2 weeks later...
yep the red planet survived the crash' date=' as did the other ORA branded corals. They seem to be pretty tough[/quote']

I had the same experience when I moved my tank. None of the ORA branded sps died.

yep the red planet survived the crash' date=' as did the other ORA branded corals. They seem to be pretty tough[/quote']

Awsome!!! I'm not sure if you caught my other thread titled "Noooo" but I put this little guy through hell when I removed it from the frag plug; today he looks happy though :)

Archived