my new diy led's, big thanks to upinder (eugenereef)

kschaefers

SAWEET! Mine show tomorrow, cant wait-I have a 24 bulb set up just like you described (12 royal blue and 12 cool white) and then a 60 bulb set up 36 royal blue and 24 white.

What size heat sink you using and degree of optics?

Oh and how about spacing? I got the 24 on a 12" x 8.5" heat sink and the 60's on a 24"x8.5"- Dang optics have been on back order and they shipped yesterday.

Looks great by the way

oops forgot, what size bowfront is that you have?

The heat sink is 36x4 in if I remember right, I had to build it to fit into my old coralife fixture, the leds are 2 3/4 inches apart divided by a 3/4 in piece with the moonlights on it, as for the degree I'm not sure, the whites are the xp-g r5's and the blues are the xp-e's, its a 46 bowfront, where did you buy your stuff from?

Cool thanks for the info;

I got mine here;

http://reefledlights.com/

I thought they would show today but I guess tomorrow-I have everything for the 60 build except the screws and washers-they threw them in with the order I did for the 24 bulb set up-those guys have been great, they were backed up on shipping and for the delay he threw in 6 royal blues, the optics and a dimmer switch plus the driver-I think I'll add them into the 24 bulb fixture. I fried one today-loose connectioned caused an arc-I was trying to adjust the meanwell driver-its a long story but I am a noob in uncharted areas-going about it blindly-(laugh)

Hope to have a working unit this time tomorrow...... at least 1

Wow! Day late and a dollar shortDOH! I need to visit this forum more often :). Missed it again.

Thanks man. Actually you did all the hard work of prepping the heatsink, fitting the stuff in your original fixture etc etc :). The fixture is very well built and you did a fine job of putting everything inside. Very clean built. I just did the easy and fun part of it(laugh),just connecting wires!

The lights look great on your tank and now keep your hand on the wallet as you are going to be buying more and more expensive coral(naughty)

Wow that looks great! Hey Upinder! Come on! I'm waiting for you to set one up for my frag tank! (laugh)

Let me know when do you want to move to LEDs? :)

I'll be more than happy to set one for you.

I LOVE IT!! Upinder is an amazing person and his set ups are to die for. WOW, so inspirational!!! Looks great!!!

Thanks Katrina.

The heat sink is 36x4 in if I remember right' date=' I had to build it to fit into my old coralife fixture, the leds are 2 3/4 inches apart divided by a 3/4 in piece with the moonlights on it, as for the degree I'm not sure, the whites are the xp-g r5's and the blues are the xp-e's, its a 46 bowfront, where did you buy your stuff from?[/quote']

Brad is talking about led optics. You don't have optics on your lights.

Archived