Can't get a fish to eat? Try this...

newfisher

I have been fortunate in this hobby to have very hungry fish and have never had one slowly starve away and die until now. We have all read the threads, updates on why or how, soaking in garlic, spot feeding etc only to one day check back and see the fish went missing for weeks and then the thread closed. Its sad and I had never wanted to experience this, but it seems I have a fish that wouldn't eat. After watching it hide, spook away, run into other fish and rocks, I realized that it is blind. It's a Huma trigger and normally a hearty eater with several other large aggressive tank mates. Several days went by watching food bounce off its face, tring to feed the tank from a large net and trying to catch it with said net, no way. Its like he/she could sense large objects and smell the net when it hit the water. I noticed it was less shy when I had the clear pint glass in the tank dumping shrimp and silversides towards it. I waited till the next feeding and used the " flake food in one hand, pint glass in the other" technique and like a graduated ninja from the school of Garrett, I caught him! Several times now....its been a month of succesfull feeding and he/she is happy, fat and still blind as a bat.

IMG_20110518_213602.jpg

Add flake, gently stir and let sit for 5 min

IMG_20110518_213256.jpg

Archived