Thanks for the Red Bugs!

PeteRock

My fault, I don't quarantine my frags. Guess you gotta learn the hard way right?

If you've sold me a frag in the past couple weeks, you had redbugs and are passing them on. Just thought I'd let you know and say thanks a lot (nono). I wont say names, but I'm pretty sure I know and you are def a sponsor or member of this site.

I've read up on it so I pretty much know my options. I called my cat's vet to order dog medication for my fish tank.(scratch) but all they have is the 6 week supply. Anyone got an intercept pill laying around I could buy? I'll trade you a rare spotted acropa frag for it (laugh)

LMK if you find a dip that will kill red bugs other than interceptor, I dont know of any so unless you have interceptor dipping will take care of the other kritters but not the RB.

Pete I have a dozen or so tablets if you want to borrow 1 you are welcome to, I just ask you replace it-

LMK

PM is key

If someone else finds this post and has red bugs but has no idea on how to treat it i found this link while browsing tonight' date=' [url']http://www.melevsreef.com/redbugs.html[/url]

I hope it helps someone :)

this is another I had in addition to the one you posted-

http://www.talkingreef.com/forums/diy-projects/2961-victorias-redbug-treatment.html

Ed have you personally used Rx for red bugs with success????

Yes, but you must take coral out of tank to dip for like 8 min or so. I had some in the show tank about a month ago, took all the corals that I could see them on and dipped them for 10 min put them back and haven't seen any since. I was ready to dip again thinking I wouldn't be able to get them all but so far so good!

WOW... Thank you all for your PM's and offers for help! This place really is really full of great people, thank you all for your help and support.

The bugs weren't really bad but I could see them, I stare at my tank a lot so I caught them early. I cleaned out my fish quarantine 10g tank threw a power head in there, I don't have an extra light but I'll figure that out later, I just wanted them out of my tank ASAP. I broke down the acropa corals with the bugs and all the ones next to them. Basically the left side fo my tank. :( Not that much coral in the grand scheme of things but it still sucks. If I lose this stuff but contain the spread I'll be okay with it.

I guess I'll try the Coral RX stuff that Ed reccomends on the quarantined stuff and see if it works. I really don't want to dose my tank if I don't have to, I'ts been established for 5+years and I have tons of good critters in there...

I'll let you know how my adventures in RedBug world turn out. Thanks again for all the offers of help folks! I may end up taking some of you up on offers if I can't get this sorted with my first attempts.

Hey guys technically this would be a negative feedback thread so you are not supposed to post in this thread. Instead of locking it I am going to move this thread to the general area so you guys can still talk about bugs. If the OP wish's to have the thread restored to the feedback area I will do so however I will delete all comments in this thread after his original post per our forums rules. Thanks for your understanding and good luck Pete!

My intent was not meant to blast anyone or create drama of any kind, just to let folks know whats out there and inform the person passing them on who may not know about it. All the people I've met and done business with have been very nice so I give them all the benefit of the doubt.

Please keep this open and move it to the appropriote spot (sorry), so the story can go on as an example for others. Hopefully I can spare someone my fate.

Thanks.

People are now dipping sps in with chemicals used to kill garden variety bugs...aka pesticides.

The key is that you can treat an entire tank with interceptor, but with the pesticide you will want to dip.

Search reef central for new redbug treatment...also works on flatworms.

The first guy used Bayer insect killer, available at home depot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived