$1.79 Tank Viewer

racefan

I made me a tank viewer for $1.79. First off I think we all have scrap acrylic lying around. Well I had an old 4" PVC connector & said acrylic so I traced a circle,cut it out on my band saw, super glued it to the bottom of the pvc pipe. Then sanded it so it was smooth around the bottom of the pipe & ran a little super glue around the bottom where the two meet so water will not get in & viola' a $1.79 viewer! I took a quickie pic of my clown & corkscrew anemone. I'm sure someone with a better camera & even a tiny amount of photo skills do get a good pic(laugh)

DSCF2169sm.jpg

DSCF2170sm.jpg

DSCF2171sm.jpg

Very cool, I have one that I made with a magnifying lense out of an old projection tv. Same principal but with magnification. Only problem is that you can't get stuff lower than about 6 inches to focus in with the lens. I guess it'd work alright with a shallow frag tank.

2011-05-09192637.jpg

We used to have a sponsor who made those with magnified glass they work great. His name is Kevin and he calls it the aquariscope. Here are some pics i took with mine

Yep sure wish breefcase was still around making them too! Never got one before he "disappeared".

Archived