GROUPON

jennmac415

I hope it is ok to post this, if not, please delete...

FYI.......There us a groupon deal for one of the LFS today....I already bought it....all you have to do is sign up for free at groupon.com and you purchase the deal too.

Just thought I would let you all know.

I hope it is ok to post this, if not, please delete...

FYI.......There us a groupon deal for one of the LFS today....I already bought it....all you have to do is sign up for free at groupon.com and you purchase the deal too.

Just thought I would let you all know.

Oh Jen, you suckered me into signing up to see what kind of deal this could be.... Then to find out it is the one store I will never set foot into again! Argh. Good deal for those that can stand that guy and his store!

Oh Jen' date=' you suckered me into signing up to see what kind of deal this could be.... Then to find out it is the one store I will never set foot into again! Argh. Good deal for those that can stand that guy and his store![/quote']

Jon (chewie) is a good guy.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Jon (chewie) is a good guy.

It's not Chewie we are talking about Jesse. (whistle) I agree he's a good guy. So is there something that you cannot state what the groupon is? Cmon someone spill it what's the deal?(scratch):p

It's a pay 20 for 40 coupon. I've for groupon on my phone

Its just a buy a $40 in fish/supplies for $20 deal... And I downloaded the darn thing on my phone too.... think I will now uninstall it.

Thanks Beth and Jesse for satisfying my curiosity so I didn't end up signing up and ending up on some sort of mailing list. I already get spammed enough. Thanks Jennie for sharing. I don't see any problem with you posting it up here. You're just trying to help out the peeps in this ridiculous.y crazy expensive addictive hobby. This is simply one place that will not get my business.

I love groupon. of all mailing list to be on' date=' thats a pretty good one. $20 for $40 worth of goods it a good deal. although there are other LFSs that I would rather support, beggars can't be choosy.[/quote']

I agree it's an expensive hobby. I just find that a lot of times I get better deals just from being a loyal customer. There are some items that the stores have given me at cost. OIAB and Rosecity gave me a great deal on a chocolate chip starfish when I explained that it was food for my poor hungry Harlequins and that the one that I had unfortunately got sucked into the pump and was shredded.

Not for anything, but Groupon in general is a great thing. I have saved a great deal of money on local businesses in and around Seattle. Buying things I was going to buy anyway. I am too far to take advantage of this one but I always keep my eyes open.

I can never turn down free money...

Why can't I see the deal? The only one I see is a fishing trip!? I have the town selected as Portland.

LMAO! You're such an addict John! Just go on the fishing trip instead! It's probably going to end up costing you less (laugh)

i swear, that store makes me ask myself why i am not just going directly to a wholesaler.... because i get no help there... just the mark up.

is it possible to report stores for animal cruelty?

I agree I think you will end up paying more with the groupon than if you just went to another fish store. Also, it's not really a good deal if it ends up dying. You got quite a deal at OIAB this weekend no Gropeon required! LOL! Beggars can't be choosers but I do not want to support a business that has no problem selling a stingray to someone with a 50 gallon tank. Unfortunately I don't think that is enough to satisfy the SPCA.

I agree I think you will end up paying more with the groupon than if you just went to another fish store. Also' date=' it's not really a good deal if it ends up dying. You got quite a deal at OIAB this weekend no Gropeon required! LOL! Beggars can't be choosers but I do not want to support a business that has no problem selling a stingray to someone with a 50 gallon tank. Unfortunately I don't think that is enough to satisfy the SPCA.[/quote']

hehehe, yes robert was very kind to me with his pricing, i definitely like him now, and he has earned a repeat heckler... oops i meant customer

Archived