Tank backing color poll

Drew

Tank backing color poll  

1. 1.

• Black
    • Blue (light or dark)
    • Other (explain please!)

Hey Drew you really need a pirate ship with "eight pounders" blazing out of sides and a proud Capn' Morgan on the bow! This is what Katrina wants most of all' date=' I believe.[/quote']

LOL, Franklin's idea would be a close second. I have 2 150's with the same dimensions. One has a blue backround and one has a black backround. Blue is my favorite color but I have to say I prefer the black becaause it makes it look more natural to me and you notice the corals and not the backround.

Here's blue!

DSC05969ARW.jpg

Here's black!

DSC07731ARW.jpg

My favorite is an aqua like this. I've had both blue and black also and didn't/don't like either one. The blue didn't look as natural and the black makes it hard to take pictures of anything darker colored. (dark colors blend in with it)

attachment.php?attachmentid=11295

post-5811-14186775961_thumb.jpg

I'd go navy blue, or black. Have had royal blue(currently), black and navy. Black makes tank too dark, but royal blue is too eye catching an distraacting. I always thought a purple or pink(coralline color) would be better...just never had the guts to try it.

Maybe go with one of those fake coral backgrounds from petco ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadowbox! Its the next latest craze in backgrounds. I just built one for my tank and I love it. Check out this guys tank on RC, about 1/2 way down you see the box and what it looks like on the tank with shadows of "fake" rocks in the distance.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1593174&page=35

This was my first try with it, this was just a rounded cutout to look like a rock in the distance. I have since painted the top black so you cant see the T5 lighting it and have made some more detailed fake rock for the background.

shadow1of1.jpg

Here is the current background, the shadow looking rocks in the background are completely fake and only about 3" deep.

shadow11of1.jpg

After looking at the shadow box im thinking it would be cool to just fit a TV behind and have a loop of fish in the background lol

Thanks for all the tips. I think a darker blue would be much better than just black.

Nah... just showing what can be done with a little DIY and elbow grease

Well it does take a little skill in that department. My shadow box would look just like the one I made when I was in the fourth grade! LOL

After looking at the shadow box im thinking it would be cool to just fit a TV behind and have a loop of fish in the background lol

Thanks for all the tips. I think a darker blue would be much better than just black.

I'm thinking you should go with the pirate theme that algae mentioned or the nice backround from Petco!

Archived