waste water

jonas

Down the drain. We have too much water in Washington anyways.

LMAO!

I take pictures of mine going down the drain and send it as an email attachment to Southern Californians with the title, "Not getting Any Of This!".

LMAO @ algae.Yeah i have been sending mine to the drain but seems like a lot of water to waste.

The only waste is that it may increase the cost of your water bill. Other than this there isn't anything wasted as it is just recycled back into the environment just like all of the rest of the water we use. (I.E. Environmentally it makes little difference whether we recycle it out the door or down the drain)

The only waste is that it may increase the cost of your water bill. Other than this there isn't anything wasted as it is just recycled back into the environment just like all of the rest of the water we use. (I.E. Environmentally it makes little difference whether we recycle it out the door or down the drain)

A lot of energy goes into re-treating the water IMO

once mixed with waste water, there is an added cost/energy and chemicals used to clean it before it can be "re-entered" into the enviroment. the green way would be to use as a water source for garden and such. the shrub that was lost probly got root rot from to much water(it drowned,sort of speaking. LOL)

What kind of shrub? How long did you have it? If you planted it, did you do so flush with the ground or slightly raised, did you dig a hole 2x or more the size of the rootball and amend the soil? Basically I find it real easy to either drown my plants in the cruddy clay soil we have here or to totally dry them out. I've had to dig up my early purchases and amend the soil to save them, because in winter they rot. I guess I was not following the directions clearly described on the tags and various books and websites showing a great big hole with drainage, compost, and a mulch layer. When all else fails follow directions... (: Some of my shrubs you could pull out of the ground a year later and the roots are still shaped like a pot. They would rather wind around eachother in that remnant of good dirt they were sold in than bother expanding into the brick of clay and rock my yard is made of.

If you need a new shrub the Crystal Springs Rhododendron garden is hosting a great sale this weekend with high end plants at decent prices, including non rhodies galore.

Kate

water filter is next to my washing machine, so pump in to there. i make my water up at 10 gallons at a time, that is enough to fill the washer for a load

That's a pretty cool idea. My question is what is in the waste water? It obviously goes thru the whole system, so is it essentially better than tap still?

That's a pretty cool idea. My question is what is in the waste water? It obviously goes thru the whole system' date=' so is it essentially better than tap still?[/quote']

i was thinking it was dirtier than regular water, since the ro/di could not use it. i would imagine all the impurities are concentrated in the water the ro\di did not use, anyone?

water filter is next to my washing machine' date=' so pump in to there. i make my water up at 10 gallons at a time, that is enough to fill the washer for a load[/quote']

I like that idea, too bad I have a front loading washing machine.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Archived