Tank is recovering-LOTS of pics.

drock59

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This coral is about midway up in the tank under Dual HQI 250's, Phoenix Bulbs. If i put it any higher it bleaches.

I got this coral from Advanced and it appears to be a monti from the big colony. I could be totally wrong but that is what it looks like to me. From the photos you can see that it has a few nodules poking up but it doesnt appear to be branching.

Turns out that not all my montis died...they just look like crap. :) Another round of pics.

Ive been adding a bit of potassium and I have to say there has been an incredibly fast recovery since I did so. Aparently some Zeovit users and now barebottom users are experiencing Monti loss with a lack of potassium. I bought soem potassium chloride and added just enough to raise potassium 50ppm. I am still not convinced potassium has anything to do with my problem but it is curious. All my levels are dead on and things look happy.

Neon Hermit, this guy is so cool and doesnt seem to bother anyone...except maybe the turbo snail who shell neon is now occupying. :(

DSCF0382.jpg

Two montis that are recovering:

DSCF0423.jpg

DSCF0436.jpg

A new M. Danae? :

DSCF0433.jpg

Some other on the road to recovery, Blue Milli starting to color back up.

DSCF0452.jpg

Green tips, yeah!

DSCF0450.jpg

DSCF0453.jpg

Well, both Reefermadness and live aquaria have it wrong and they tend to be accurate...

Your tank looks gorgeous! What kind of camera are you using? I can't get any decent photos with either of my digital cameras :( Your resolution and color saturation are right on.

I love your big tomato. How big is she? I never noticed before how blackened the body becomes... It's a nice contrast. Is she relatively nice in the tank?

Can't wait to see more pictures...soon... (whistle)

:D

Thanks for the comments. I use a Fuji Finepix S5000 and I have to adjust the white balance so that the pics come out the correct color temperature. Ive been considering a camera upgrade for a long time, to something that I can get an actual macro lens for.

The tomato is really an ideal tank inhabitant. She doesnt harass anyone and took to her hubby within a day.

I am truly amazed at how fast this tank has recovered.

How many inches is she? She looks huge - like 5-6"

I have a Nikon D70 and a macro lens, neither of which I've EVER been able to learn how to use, even by reading the manual. I hate it. I need to take a camera class or something. Your pics look GREAT

No more pics...yet.

My green cap that was as close to a goner as they come is well on its way back with a nice purple edge. (clap)

The other montis are coloring up nicely once again...except my orange cap. Its weird.

Does anyone have ideas on why the other caps would be doing so well except the orange cap?????