Calling all shop owners

cellowithgills

Looks like you live in Springfield, try Aqua Serene in Eugene - they've had some really nice ones in the past and their prices are smack on. Be careful what you pay - you should be getting Ultra ultra's for $45-55 MAX and nice colored ones for $25-30 MAX - the maxi crazy is waning and a lot of places are selling them for little above wholesale now. Because of their love of nice little tasty fishes they're not something everyone can keep.

Never thought I'd say this but my trusting nature got pretty bashed by letting a LFS know that I was looking to collect maxi's...I'd been buying almost everything they'd got in and their prices were right where they should have been. They asked me how much was the max I'd paid for one and I innocently told them. When their next order came in - which they KNEW I was waiting for and showed up to buy on opening - they doubled their price from what I'd paid in the past. I didn't buy any...not because of the price but because they were all really poor colors - there wasn't anything I'd want in my tank...but ONE business day later I went back to take a second look and they'd put the price down on them all to HALF of what they told me the price was !!! WOW, talk about feeling burned. I may have more money than sense but I just spent my last dollar in that LFS. Fool me once and all the rest...Long and short of my warning is - don't let on to LFS's that you're collecting certain things - if they know you want it - they'll see $$$$'s.

Looks like you live in Springfield, try Aqua Serene in Eugene - they've had some really nice ones in the past and their prices are smack on. Be careful what you pay - you should be getting Ultra ultra's for $45-55 MAX and nice colored ones for $25-30 MAX - the maxi crazy is waning and a lot of places are selling them for little above wholesale now. Because of their love of nice little tasty fishes they're not something everyone can keep.

Never thought I'd say this but my trusting nature got pretty bashed by letting a LFS know that I was looking to collect maxi's...I'd been buying almost everything they'd got in and their prices were right where they should have been. They asked me how much was the max I'd paid for one and I innocently told them. When their next order came in - which they KNEW I was waiting for and showed up to buy on opening - they doubled their price from what I'd paid in the past. I didn't buy any...not because of the price but because they were all really poor colors - there wasn't anything I'd want in my tank...but ONE business day later I went back to take a second look and they'd put the price down on them all to HALF of what they told me the price was !!! WOW, talk about feeling burned. I may have more money than sense but I just spent my last dollar in that LFS. Fool me once and all the rest...Long and short of my warning is - don't let on to LFS's that you're collecting certain things - if they know you want it - they'll see $$$$'s.

Wow sorry to hear that a store did that to you. Stupid on their part. Try to make a few extra dollars but lose a customer. When will they ever learn? I agree the price has come down quite a bit in the past few months.

I also agree 20 bucks is probably what cost is for these so that's a very good price.

Aqua Serene doesn't have any colorful ones in right now, and I don't think they'll order more.

From what I've seen most store double their money off of their maxi's. They pay about $18 and sell them for around $40. I'm not complaining, I just can't wait for their price to come down.

Aqua Serene doesn't have any colorful ones in right now' date=' and I don't think they'll order more.[/quote']

That's a shame, they've had some nice ones in the past and their prices have been good.

Good luck on your search and - in advance - happy birthday!

Aqua Serene doesn't have any colorful ones in right now, and I don't think they'll order more.

From what I've seen most store double their money off of their maxi's. They pay about $18 and sell them for around $40. I'm not complaining, I just can't wait for their price to come down.

Most stores at least double wholesale cost on everything because even if they only cost 18 dollars there is the shipping cost which is quite spendy not to mention all the additional costs of maintaining livestock.

Archived