How to Frag

Trautman

okay, so i have several questions:

1 how do you remove mushrooms from rocks? it says to just slice them on youtube, is this correct?

2. how do you removed a hairy mushroom from a rock? any difference? i tried fragging one once, and it seemed to disembowel itself...

3. ricordias?

4. maxi mini carpet anemone's/ normal anemones, how do you remove those from rocks?

5. what is the best way to frag all of the above?

thanks

Take bone cutters or some device to break the piece to be fragged from the rock (being careful not to cut or damage the soon to be fragged piece), cut it in half with scissors/razor blade and place in a cup/dish with small rubble for the fresh cut frag to attach to-place it in a LOW flow area and it should attach over the course of a week (most likely two) and then you can glue that to a plug.

Google "fragging corals

there are some good utube viddys out there

Mushrooms you just cut off the rock. Cut hairy mushrooms just the same way and yeah every time I have done it, mine have also spewed their guts, but they heal just fine. Oh and wherever you cut the mushrooms off the rock, they will grow back in that same spot again even with a little bit of tissue left on the rock. I don't have experience with rics. The only way I have been able to get anemones off rocks has been to carefully and patiently "tickle" the edges of the foot with my fingernail until I get a good chunk of it to let go and then you can grab it and GENTLY pull the rest of the way a little at a time. For attaching the mushrooms to a new rock or frag plug, wrap the mushroom and the plug or rock together in some netting (you can get some at the fabric store) nice and snug and leave it like that for a couple weeks and the mushroom should attach. These have been my experiences, but there are probably other ways of doing these things too. Good luck

Archived