Help me understand this

racefan

I'm getting a package delivered from UPS Friday. I really did not expect it to be shipped & delivered this quick. We will be out of town Fri- Sun. I called UPS to see if they could change the delv. date to Monday & they said "once it has left the shipper it's too late to change the delivery date." I can leave a note for the UPS dude to put it in my pick up bed,that's no biggie. I just do not see why they cannot notify the UPS office in Kelso & say "Hold till Monday" I mean in the days of electronic everything is it really impossible to do?(flame) I work for a small company & we bend over backwards to meet our customers load times & needs.

Interesting that UPS is this way. I called FED-EX when my package was in transit and they held it at the Roseburg station for me. Which is the last place it goes before it's put on the truck and out for delivery with no problems. This was when my order from Liveaquaria got delayed a day and my clam died cause of it. I just had them hold it there so that I coul go get it sooner than they could bring it to me. They did not charge me a thing to do this either.

UPS has never been that great in my experience, they arent that fast, and they will NOT waiver from their "you cant come get it till we failed to deliver it" policy. I had a package sit in the local depot for 3 days befor it was delivered because they "had" to wait for the arrival date. Kinda dumb if you ask me. Last weekend I shipped something to rainier using usps priority, I dropped it off friday right befor the post office closed and it showed up in rainier the next day.

yea, UPS is a general pain in the *** when it comes to changing a plan at all. They screwed up once and didn't deliver a package in the time frame I had payed for. I called and explained that I needed this for work on X-day and they had it at the facility that morning and that I would gladly come and pick it up since it was already their mistake. They had a plan of delivering it one day later then I had payed for. They wouldn't refund the extra I payed or let me come pick it up. They have to attempt delivery before you can go get it. I work for their arch nemesis now anyway but I avoided using them after that. Brown can't seem to do anything right for me!!!

Go to the UPS site and find there CS number.

$5 if you go thru them they will hold it for you. I have had several packages shipped to me and called them asking them to hold and not deliver, so I could go get them after I got home.

That's who I talked to. She said it would have to have one failed delivery attempt before they could change the delv. date. It's only $10.80 worth of stuff from BRS so I'm not worried about it, Just a bit ticked at lack of customer service I guess.

You can request to pick it up at the ups office and then simply get it when you return since it's over the weekend I don't see why this wouldn't work.

As mentioned previously UPS won't let you change delivery options until after a failed/missed attempt is made. Once that happens you can ask for it to be held at the local station until you pick it up - I think the cutoff is 6pm the day before so they can pull it off the truck for you to get the following day.

As mentioned previously UPS won't let you change delivery options until after a failed/missed attempt is made. Once that happens you can ask for it to be held at the local station until you pick it up - I think the cutoff is 6pm the day before so they can pull it off the truck for you to get the following day.

I think that's what frustrates me. If they can hold it after an attempted delivery why not before?(scratch) and there will not be a failed attempt because they will just leave it on the porch.

Archived