Up and running!

k9flash

Hey guys just wanted to say thanks for all the help with my noob questions lately. Got my tank from Reefnjunkie, and after some modifications, it is up and running. Garrett and him were a huge help getting me reaclimated. The communities posts in response to my questions were also very appreciated.

Now the waiting for cycling begins. (whistle) One week down, lots to go. Though I am happy to report my nitrate levels are just plain awful! So it must be working.

Thanks again.

Ok here are some pis. I am running dual 250's and 2 VHO super actinics. The VHO's are not on in this pic. I also need to do some cord management in the back. Just ignore them. LOL. Havent quite got the aquascaping where I want it but I put the rocks in to help with the cycling. I still need to pick up some more I think.

The top is hinged and lifts up. The slats in top and a vent on the opposite side allow for good air flow for the dual fans installed. Tank heat has not been an issue so far. Any pointers are always appreciated.

271.jpg[/img]

272.jpg[/img]

273.jpg[/img]

274.jpg[/img]

Thanks Garrett. Going to be grabbing stock from ya in no time.

Currently the sump is a 20g in the cabinet, Jonas. Just running through a filter sock at the moment. Still need to grab up a protein skimmer to put down there but figured I have time while the tank cycles.

Yeah I know. I was really drooling over Brad's transitional tank when I picked up this one. I was floored when he said the majority of it came out of the 75.

I built a new canopy to allow the new lights and hopefully someday the tank will have a small fraction of the life that Brad had. Give it the ol' college try as they say.

Yeah I know. I was really drooling over Brad's transitional tank when I picked up this one. I was floored when he said the majority of it came out of the 75.

I built a new canopy to allow the new lights and hopefully someday the tank will have a small fraction of the life that Brad had. Give it the ol' college try as they say.

Nice job with the canopy!

Yes he has some nice things.... I hope you can step up to the challenge.. It takes some serious texting and driving around and constant impulse buys, group buys, wheeling and dealing to truly achieve Brad's level of addiction (laugh). I should know... you should see our tanks sometime! (laugh)