Help with my chiller

fpd4308

I have a pci cl280 chiller. It hasnt been set up in a while but I went to set it up and when I turn it on the temp reading jumps from 80 to 106 then back to 81 then to 94 and so on and so on. Anyone had this problem or know how to fix it?

Doug

If I were you i'd call PC and ask them they'll lead you in the right direction, besides you'll need to call to get parts from them anyway. Sounds like an easy fix though. As long as the compressor kicks on it's worth fixin IMO. Thanks Harold ps.If you can't get it fihured out I have a CL-650 for sale.

If I were you i'd call PC and ask them they'll lead you in the right direction' date=' besides you'll need to call to get parts from them anyway. Sounds like an easy fix though. As long as the compressor kicks on it's worth fixin IMO. Thanks Harold ps.If you can't get it fihured out I have a CL-650 for sale.[/quote']

How much for your 650?

Good deal on the 650 but a little much for my allowance.

The new development in mine is that I left for my coffee fix and when I returned the chiller was reading a solid 83. My controller said 82.9 so that seems pretty accurate. The compressor was making noise so I am guessing it was working. During the setup I had the chiller setup for 81 which I believe means it won't actually come on until 83. So I lowered the setting to 80 and we will see how it works. It has been a couple years since I used it so it may need a freon recharge. I guess I can just do that at anyplace that services ac/refer units? Well the controller will shut off the halides at 84 so I guess it is just a waiting game.

Luckily Pacific coast is just down in woodburn' date=' I would call them and see how much for a tune-up.[/quote']

I was hoping to avoid that because I have emailed them once and called them once and left a message with no reply but its starting to look like my only option.