Leadfoot's Birthday Run to TECO!

Emerald525

I have been meaning to post pictures but with the meeting, and growouts, etc have not had a chance. Here goes more to come!

Last Saturday the 26th was Beth's birthday and being the coral addict that she is she wanted to make the drive to TECO. She did not know that I had a present for her. Check out the nice wrapping job!(laugh) She loves her new Ipad by the way!

IMG_0042.jpg

The Journey begins! Barelycuda came by with 3 boxes of clowns packed with love and care! I promised him that we would make frequent bathroom breaks for the clowns!(laugh)

IMG_0046.jpg

Dave also kindly donated a pair of cinnamon clowns and another ocellaris for the Pioneer school tank. I will be putting those in tomorrow

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

First stop was Garrett's and the Premium aquarium!(clap) Nice garage setup and great prices. Very nice of Garrett to open up at 9am for us. Fish people usually are not early risers I have found. (laugh) It's definitely worth the drive! We met Mr. S there and picked up frag plugs for Jody

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

If you look closely you may see a Flame Fairy wrasse that might have ended up going on a road trip with us!:D

IMG_0055.jpg

This is the cracked tank that caused him to have such an awesome sale recently that I missed..DOH! For one penny you can own this tank!(laugh)

IMG_0056.jpg

That's Garrett the man himself getting our Flame Fairy Wrasse!(clap)

IMG_0057.jpg

Look at the size of that skimmer!(scary)

IMG_0059.jpg

That's enough pictures for now! Next stop was TECO!(clap)

More pictures on to TECO!

On our way to TECO we made a stop in Roseburg to pick up a hitchhiker :) Bigjohnwoody who ditched work to go with us! Now that's dedication!(rock2)

Beth in her eagerness knocked over the sign. Don't worry no children were harmed in making this post!

IMG_0060.jpg

See I picked it up for her!

IMG_0061.jpg

See Dave! Your clowns made it in great shape!(clap)

IMG_0063.jpg

All clownfish present and accounted for and staying warm!

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

Gabe came over too to drop off his corals that we were taking back to Portland and Eugene and it was getting a little crowded so I decided to take pictures of Jody's personal tank! Full tank shot!(clap)

DSC08176ARW.jpg

DSC08177ARW.jpg

Look at the size of that Hawkin's colony!(clap)

DSC08180ARW.jpg

DSC08181ARW.jpg

Nice colonies Jody!

DSC08179ARW.jpg

Nice red planet!(drooler) One of my favorite corals

DSC08263ARW.jpg

Purple plasma! I had to have a frag of this when I saw it in his tank!

DSC08268ARW.jpg

DSC08272ARW.jpg

Tried to get more pictures of the fish but they were being shy...

DSC08211ARW.jpg

DSC08258ARW.jpg

That's it for now! More to come!(clap)(clap)

The saga continues!

So we headed out from TECO around 4pm with frags from Gabe and 2 boxes full of coral from Jody including the group buy chalices, stuff we bought and oh yeah we had to drop Bigjohnwoody back off at Roseburg...(laugh)John is a true addict. On the ride back he is texting his "dealer" aka Garrett about getting a Laboutti wrasse! John you're the man...(rock2) He was still in shock that his wife let him hitch a ride to TECO! He didn't even mind that the Corgi shed all over him!

We make it to Eugene right on schedule at 7pm to drop off frags from Gabe to Eugenereef (Upinder) and to pick up a coral from Impur (Miles). Nice neighborhood!This house was for sale so we were curious. It has a really really big garage!(laugh)

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

Here is Eugenereef's new tank very nice but odd not to see a tank jammed pack with corals like mine....(scratch)(laugh)

DSC08302ARW.jpg

DSC08282ARW.jpg

DSC08285ARW.jpg

DSC08300ARW.jpg

His nano tank retrofitted with LEDS... the colors really pop with this.I'm thinking the next nano we decide to retrofit we will do LEDS

DSC08304ARW.jpg

DSC08308ARW.jpg

Eugenereef reminded me of McIver in how he could rig up some nice DIY projects! This is a great way to get your saltwater from your container to the tank. Beth is thinking about copying this idea!(clap)

The top barrel is ro water the bottom barrel is where the salt is mixed and the hose stretches all the way to the tank for an easy water change! Brilliant! Upinder!

DSC08313ARW.jpg

DSC08314ARW.jpg

DSC08315ARW.jpg

You have a beautiful home Upinder and he was a very gracious host. His wife cooked up this amazing dinner for us.(drooler) Indian food...(drooler)I was like wow, I will deliver frags to your house any time!(clap)

DSC08320ARW.jpg

We got a little off schedule here but only by 30 minutes. It was well worth it. We ended up getting home at 1030 at night, exhausted with bags and bags of corals. Beth was so confused she couldn't tell the difference between an echinata and a chalice...DOH!(laugh) You will have to ask her and Brad (Reefnjunkie) about that one!

What Beth got for her birthday!

And here are a few of the things that we picked up on the trip! (clap)

Miami's nightmare chalice! Jody calls it this because it looks a lot like the My Miami chalice but does not have the super crazy insane steep 1000 dollar an eye price! Love love love this chalice Jody! Thanks for the trade!

DSC08330ARW.jpg

DSC08366ARW.jpg

DSC08367ARW.jpg

Got some awesome KO nightmares.(rock2) Roger got some too and the Maryjanes are Rogers in trade for frag plugs. The Utter chaos are mine and no I don't have any frags available right now...(laugh)

DSC08322ARW.jpg

Group shot of some of the group buy chalices. Jody was super generous with the size of the frags!(clap)

DSC08325ARW.jpg

Orange crush rainbow chalice. Looks better in person but very nice!

DSC08377ARW.jpg

BPC lizard skin currently up for auction!

DSC08370ARW.jpg

For you colored stick fans!

DSC08383ARW.jpg

Beth couldn't resist the deal for this Flame Fairy wrasse! Thanks Garrett! She has been wanting one of these!

DSC08337ARW.jpg

DSC08345ARW.jpg

That's all for now! Not a bad Birthday I would say(clap). There were a few things that I have not taken pictures of because I could not get a good shot! Thanks again Garrett and Jody. It's great having you both as sponsors! And coralreefer if you are reading this. I still have your frag from Miles...

All of your pictures on your last post aren't showing up. Only one I can see is the awesome pics of the Miami nightmare chalice.(scratch). I had an awesome time and Jody your corals are amazing. Anyone thinking of ordering from TECO You need too. His stuff is gorgeous and amazingly healthy.

Very nice!! I feel like I kind of took the trip with you guys after looking at all of those photos! Thanks for stopping by and grabbing some goodies on your way down!!

Come along next time Garrett! It's always a pleasure to visit your store!

I can see the pictures just fine...... maybe a glich.

Yeah I see the pictures fine too... I think John's snorting acros again.... (laugh) Hey John by the way post up some pictures of all the stuff you got!