Fish removal

Bicyclebill

I've got two pesky damsels that my daughter talked me into buying last year. I want them gone, but there is no way I'll ever catch a fish with a net in my tank without tearing it down. I made a mini spear with a straightened out fish hook epoxied to a thin rod, but the fish somehow "sense" it in my non feeding hand and stay back. Any ideas?

Depending on how big your tank is' date=' and how much rock you have, you can try draining it down to about 2" of water or so....[/quote']

.....To add to this it can be done even with live rock and corals as long as it doesn't stay drained for long.

time to go fishing. thats right pick up a 22-26 fish hook made for fly tying { barb less } add some fishing line a piece of shrimp and its time to fish.

I have done this twice. Quite effective and just a little bit fun. Especially if the fish has been a pain in the butt for some time.

I also had to remove a few Damsels. I've tried the hook, trap and DIY bottle trap with no luck. So I ended tearing down my entire 120. Took everything out besides sand. Sucked but I took the opportunity to redesign the rock work. Good luck!

Trent' date=' that's been my experience with these guys too. They seem to be way smarter or on edge than any of my other fish. Shoot, I can pretty much grab any of my other fish while I'm feeding them,[/quote']I've actually done this a couple of times. (With my B/W clowns and a trigger) I also put food in a net to catch my old snowflake eel.

i caught two damsils in two days with the pop bottle fish trap. the first day, no interest, the second day, bam, two fishies gone. i still have one more damsil i think i will get rid of. with my bottle, i drilled a small hole at the bottom of the bottle and squirted some food into it. i would cuculate the food inside the trap with the target feeder.