Please review link

Kimberlee

Why not repost the full thread here, it'll be a lot easier, since a lot of us, me included, really don't like clicking on links, too many bad things happen that way. Like, I took a chance an clicked on yours and got some kinda spam tellin me I had a virus an IE needed to scan my comp....

Doesn't look good, whats your calcium level. should add that everything I have brought home from this store has died for unexplained reasons. My tank has been stable for months and I had planed to add my sump today.

Maybe hold off on things until the tank is more mature, no sump, oxygen exchange from turnover/skimmer?

My clam has not opened today, and this is not normal. It has opened everyday since I brought him home. I did put my WC off a couple days, but I checked all my parameters an hour ago, and all are stable. the mantal and foot are retracted into the shell.

Any ideas? This is really stressing me out.

I've had the clam about three weeks, it's a Deresa, I already kicked a blenny out of my tank who was picking on him. That was 2 days after he was introduced to the tank.

Nitrates are 0 phosphates and ammonia are the same. temp 81 sg 1.025

I have a coral beauty and 2 baby clowns a lot of coral hermit crabs and snails, outside of a couple of coral which are no where near it the only change was I fraged some mushrooms, I ran carbon though as a precaution.

Please help.

should add that everything I have brought home from this store has died for unexplained reasons. My tank has been stable for months and I had planed to add my sump today.

Should also mention I set the clam up right every day, I suspected he was being knocked over by hermit crabs.

011-5.jpg

There are no pyramid snails I know stressing is bad lots of room for mistakes, but I was so happy to finally get my clam I've also just had some bad luck lately. I keep a log and everything is like it has been

All test are about 9 months old except cal, but I should have new test in the next day or so. I'm going to take my water sample to one of the LFS any of you sponsors mind testing it for me?

should add that everything I have brought home from this store has died for unexplained reasons.

011-5.jpg

That sentance right there is alarming-

Sounds like a store i "used to" buy from.

Not sure I would look much further, if everhting else checks out ok (params) it would take longer tha it has for the clam to show signs of it going south, at least it has for the clams I have that have died.

When it does open (if it does) when you wave your hand over the top and block the light does it close up for a second, has it EVER done that-that is the first thing I do when considering a clam purchase, if it does not close up (for a second) someting is typically wrong.

Regardless of the outcome-Dont buy from that storem there are plenty of stores that sell "healthy" stuff

First thing that pops out at me is that you've had to set it upright every day. This means one of two things. First is that something may be knocking it over. This is highly unlikely though. Even if it is the cause though then I suspect it finally gave up after having been irratated too much. The second possibility which I find more likely is that it's unhappy with where it is and is trying to move somewhere that has what it needs. (Lesson to others, if your clam doesn't stay put then it is missing something it needs) This could be a lack of enough light (which is what I suspect), too much or too little flow, or not enough food. If it's been this way all day then first be sure it is still alive. If not you're gonna want it out of there immediately so it doesn't stink up the house. (It can take weeks to get the smell out) If it is alive I would get it higher in the tank in an area with low flow and see if that helps.

I saw a nasa snail come out of the sand today and push it over when it came out. I don't think it is dead no smell' date=' and I moved it to another location in the tank and the shell has opened slightly[/quote']

If it is happy with where it is then it should burrow down and attach to the substrate which would keep the snails, hermits, etc. from knocking it over. (If it reacts to light, or a change in light, then it's still alive)

Angelfish are notorious for picking at clam mantles. Even though you don't see it, it doesn't mean its not happening. Normally when a clam is really sick it will gape and be wide open. Normally when a clam closes it means something is picking on it. Also there seems to be a lot of algae growing on the shell which could attract the angel to it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I think it maybe the nasa snails coming up underneath him that is the problem, so I took a small dish and placed it underneath the sand w/ a piece of LR rubble to keep them from doing this. If that's not it it's on to the next suspect. He is showing reaction though. Hope that's a good sign