Powers out!!!

Gabe

Power is out at my place also. I was about 30min away at the LFS and mother-in-law gave us a call to check on us... thats when i found out power was out and raced back to get home!

I just hooked up a cheap but quick light in my sump. The second i heard about power out i knew that thing was not high enough in the sump and was probably below the water. Luckly i got home in time to disconnect it. On the up side, i have not tested to see if my sump can handle the extra water. it stopped about 1-2" from the top. Perfect!

Going on four hours here.! Still no idea on when power is coming on. Power companies phone line has been busy can't get through :(

I may need to pickup some battery backups in the near future for this kind of thing (even though its rare).

recently my power was out for almost 5 hours.

Your two main concerns: temperature and dissolved oxygen.

I wrapped my tank in sleeping bags, and added a battery operated air pump. with those precautions, i feel like the tank would have been ok for another half day at least.

recently my power was out for almost 5 hours.

Your two main concerns: temperature and dissolved oxygen.

I wrapped my tank in sleeping bags, and added a battery operated air pump. with those precautions, i feel like the tank would have been ok for another half day at least.

I agree with this..they are the 2 biggest concerns. You can always scoop and dump water back into the tank to help w/ the oxygen issue.

The power went out at my house for about 30 minutes. I have vortech battery backup and a ups for my return pump. My ups will last 2 hours with my return pump plugged in. If I plug in my 250w heater, it will only last 15 minutes. I am lucky, the other side of town where I live still does not have power since about 2pm yesterday.