Going to try something crazy

Lowman

I just got a full box of monti colonies. The system they came out of had a really bad case of monti eating nudi's. I am dipping them in a double dose of Coral RX and putting them in my system. I have no othe monti's here so I figured [language filter], I may as well try. If I rescue them, I get to keep half. So, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Don't do it! LOL

I have had them before and have tried potassium permanganate before to kill them. VERY harsh dip that can't be done in the tank. will turn everything bleach white but the coral will usually survive and color back up in time. I may still have some lying around if you want to try.

I just got a full box of monti colonies. The system they came out of had a really bad case of monti eating nudi's. I am dipping them in a double dose of Coral RX and putting them in my system. I have no othe monti's here so I figured [language filter]' date=' I may as well try. If I rescue them, I get to keep half. So, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.[/quote']

I could see if I could get you some prozac Bob.....

I would in a 5 gallon bucket with water from your tank, take each colony and scrub the underside with a toothbrush, then swish in bucket, scrub again, swish again, spot check to see if you missed any eggs or nudis, scrub and swish again, then do your RX dip before putting in tank