Clown trigger???

Gill

I don't think they are safe with snails' date=' crabs, shrimp etc......[/quote']

Add to that list soft coral, lps, sps, and other fish. Clown triggers grow huge (18" ) and only a few triggers have a worse attitude when they are adults. People buy the cute well behaved juveniles and four years later they have a 12" monster that kills anything it can. Even juveniles will most likely damage coral.

If you want to try a trigger in a reef, look into pink tails, blue jaws, red tails and crosshatches.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ditto... I had a male blue jaw in my 180 gallon mixed reef in Kansas and he was a MODEL CITIZEN...I loved him! I could hand feed him and he was basically a little baby... never bothered anything and was very fun to watch swimming swimming swimming....he had a great personality, was basically just like a loyal dog!

Ditto... I had a male blue jaw in my 180 gallon mixed reef in Kansas and he was a MODEL CITIZEN...I loved him! I could hand feed him and he was basically a little baby... never bothered anything and was very fun to watch swimming swimming swimming....he had a great personality' date=' was basically just like a loyal dog![/quote']

I do really like blue jaws. Actually I think I am a fan of all triggers.

There is a guy on reefcentral that has a big clown trigger in his reef and says it has never bothered a thing. I also think he is the one and only and has gotten extremely lucky. I totally understand you wanting one though, they are by far my favorite fish of all time. I would never take the chance in a reef though.

There is a guy on reefcentral that has a big clown trigger in his reef and says it has never bothered a thing. I also think he is the one and only and has gotten extremely lucky. I totally understand you wanting one though' date=' they are by far my favorite fish of all time. I would never take the chance in a reef though.[/quote']

There are a ton of videos on YouTube of clown triggers in reef tanks. I would post a link but I am on my iPad and I haven't figured out how to get the web address off the YouTube app yet.

Clown trigger are very nice but never reef safe. You may want to look into crosshatch, blue jar, or pink tail trigger for reef safe.

Vin "Keep On Reefing"

Ya I guess I was just wondering if they ate coral, and if so what kinds. I wasn't sure if it was just inverts they go after or if they ate coral too. I know the harlequin tusk fish is not considered to be "reef safe" but they only go after inverts.

Niger triggers, pink tails and blue jaws are probably the most reef compatible but its only a matter of time and size before they will turn on your shrimp and inverts. they are also pretty shy for trigger fish as well so you will find they will tend to hide alot when startled or scared. i do like the clowns and picasso's because they have alot of personality and enjoy eating out of the hand.

Niger triggers' date=' pink tails and blue jaws are probably the most reef compatible but its only a matter of time and size before they will turn on your shrimp and inverts. they are also pretty shy for trigger fish as well so you will find they will tend to hide alot when startled or scared. i do like the clowns and picasso's because they have alot of personality and enjoy eating out of the hand.[/quote']

Do you think the little clown trigger you have in the shop would munch on my softies???

check this out

Thank you for posting that!!! This video is actually what prompted me to ask the question LOL. I need to figure out how to post YouTube links on my iPad. Did you notice there is an emperor in the tank too!!!