Get the cheapest wavemaker on earth, you still have time

grassi

I just got a Chauvet SF-4005. It is actually a light timer but has been used for many years as a cost efficient wave maker. You can connect pumps that don't need to "boot" at startup, like the cheap Maxi Jets and have amazing adjustable waves for 1/4 of the price of some well known controllable power heads.

Chauvet announced that they are not gonna produce it anymore. There will be an aquarium product that will have a price range around $100.

You can still find the SF-4005 for [language filter] cheap. I just got one for about $30 shipped.

Keep an eye on the bay and get one: you will find a way to use it.

sf-4005.jpg

Nothing on Fleabay. A lot of other stores are showing DC'd. Here is one for $35 w/ shipping. I have not dealt with this store front before. Proceed at own risk. They do take PP.

Good tip, Alex!!!!!!!!!!!

http://djtronix.com/chsf24chchti.html

I got the last one (laugh)

$35 shipped is a good deal!

I'm really curious to try it. I don't need a wave maker device right now, but it can always be useful. I can just set up a disco in the basement (rock2)

I just need to find a smoke machine and a disco ball

The light timer is here. It is easy to use and effective. Highly recommended. 2 or 4 channels. Plus, there is an audio mode so you can clap your hands and switch pump lol. Vortech and Tunze don't have this "feature" lol

Here is a video where just 2 nano coralia are able to produce some waves in a 40g tank. I didn't have anything else on hand for testing. In the 10g one nano coralia was producing nice waves and 2 were able to do some damage.

Then the video is an overview of my tank room and the new layout of the zoa/ricordia tank:)