LC Scott's 40b

LC Scott

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to getting our system straightened out an put back together, we're gonna try and tear it all down this weekend, and then slowly get everything needed, an then get it all back together, so hopefully in about 2-3 weeks, we'll be recycling lol

I am looking for sand that is super super white... not toooooo... fine and not toooooo... course...I have found some great dry sand just like I want online, but of course shipping makes it way too expensive. And putting all live sand in my new 120 would be way expensive also.... hmmm.... what to do. what to do.

Question

How likely is it that I missed the cycle?

The info that is making me wonder right now.

I've had the rock for six weeks in saltwater with a heater.

The entire time I was tossing in small amounts of food.

These rocks came for Nicks tanks and had been in there for some time.

Right now the nitrates, Phosphates and ammonia all read 0. (API tests)

I figured with my tossing food into the water this long I would have seen something by now. (fingers)

Of coarse I realize I probably just need to wait some more.

Scott, it's quite possible, if you used all seasoned, live rock, that you had a very small cycle. Take a sample of your water to one of the stores and have them do a double check on the tests for you, since API's are notoriously unreliable lol, but, I'd say your cycle is probably over and you can start slowly, very very very slow, adding stock.

You don't want anymore turbos than that, trust me LOL I'd add 5-6 Nassarius and 5-6 Astreas at least, and probably another dozen hermits or so, if you shop around, shops will give you hellacious deals when buying multiples, and I know Garrett's got some awesome deals on inverts, and his shipping prices are next to nothing.