coral beauty died :( why?

notpennysboat

Ok Im starting this thread for questions. I bought a CB angel at the first week of Jan of this year. Looked great, I acclimated it properly, and continued to do well.

Well last night I did a water change. This was also the first time I used Rodi water. So after the water change he/she went to it's normal hiding place and never came out the rest of the night or this mornIng. Well at lunch is when I found him being lunch for my cuc. One thing I left out was before I went to bed i check my sg and it was 1.0245 instead of what I have it at, 1.026.

My tank is amost two yes old and everything else in my tank is doing well.

What happened? Any help would be great.

thanks for getting back with me so quick. my params are .10 nitrat, .00 amoni, 8.2 ph, 10kh ( i think thats a little high) 435 calcium, i dont know mag and phos. Total tank is a 35g tank.

My tank has now three fish, a royal gramma, clown and blue dam. one Sebea nem and some corals. I do have 2 emerald crabs.

to answer your question emerald525, i was using normal water here in douglas county. But i have a fellow reefer here that will be giving me RO water till i buy my own set up.

i was just hoping that it wasnt something i did, and if it was, i was hoping to see what i need to do different.

Thanks for getting back with me again.

It could be that the person that cought the fish in the wild used arsnick. this stuns the fish so they can be cought easy. over 90% die with in 3 months from arsnick poisoning. where this was a common use. today it is only about 5-10% I hope some day it will be 0%

How do you know if an LFS carries arsenic caught fish? Is there any signs they are arsenic caught?