Cos's old tank, My New 110 gallon deep

Fast5oranger

I think that I just might have the best wife in the world!! She let me purchase a new tank(nutty).. I have upgraded from my 55 gallon Truvu to a 110 gallon glass tank. There are a few thing that I will need before it gets to come out of the garage and into the living room (pump, skimmer, and possibly new sump) I freakin cant wait till this weekend, tomorrow and friday are going to go by sooooo slow, I just know it.(sad) If anyone out there has any good skimmers or pumps that aren't all used up let me know. As for the sump, it cant be any wider than 16 1/4". I am super pumped. Thanks again Cosmo from OIAB

The stand looks so so.. It started life as a nice oak stand but has lived an eight year life underneath a saltwater tank. If you gave a lite sanding and some fresh stain it would look pretty good, the hood on the other hand is straight plywood... Not that appealing, but it functions nicely and is sturdy. I'd sell both for $50.

So the weekend is finally here! Time to start working on my new tank. Any suggestions on how to switch all of my stuff over from 55 to my 110? I'm thinking I will put all of my rock/coral/fish into a couple large rubermaids with half of my water, then move the tank away from the wall. Move the new tank in the old's place, then pump the other half of my water into the new tank and transfer the sand, letting the sand settle for a while. Put like 30 gallons of new water in the new tank and start moving coral/rock in. Anyone see a problem with my plan of attack?

Just speaking from things I have read in the past but be careful with your sand. Stirring up all your sand from your old tank and putting it in the new could cause you some problems adding your corals and fish too soon. Just something for you to think about. Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in.