What is your favorite thing about this forum?

sharoleb

I really like this forum, and would like to know why you visit this site. I'd like us to write down all of the reasons why PNWMAS.org makes reefing a bit better for you.

Positive things only!!

I'll start with a few of mine:

I really like this forum over others because I like that I'm talking to locals, and can often put a face to a screenname. I like that I can meet to buy, sell or trade livestock or equipment. I like that when people are in a pinch others volunteer to help out. I like that we have local sponsors that offer discounts. Oh yeah - GROUP BUYS! (clap)

List one, or list them all! Why do you think pnwmas out ranks the other forums out there?

Why I like this forum

I like this forum because it is small, local, and it has a family feel to it. I know personally whenever I have asked for help I usually have several replies within minutes. I like that I have met and know many of the members and like being able to sell and trade with people I know.

I have had people help plant trees, move heavy aquariums and even offer to fix our generator most recently. I have received a lot of good advice and the input of people was very helpful in Beth plumbing and designing our most recent tank

I also love that you can voice your opinion and hear what other people have to say positive and negative without being banned in 5 minutes like rc or having a thread shut down immediately.

I also really love that people have a sense of humor here and do not take life too seriously and that we frequently get off topic or talk about other things like movie picks!

A different thread got me thinking, and it seems this forum is getting a bad rep. I'd like us to write down all of the reasons why PNWMAS.org makes reefing a bit better for you.

Positive things only!!

I'll start with a few of mine:

I really like this forum over others because I like that I'm talking to locals, and can often put a face to a screenname. I like that I can meet to buy, sell or trade livestock or equipment. I like that when people are in a pinch others volunteer to help out. I like that we have local sponsors that offer discounts. Oh yeah - GROUP BUYS! (clap)

List one, or list them all! Why do you think pnwmas out ranks the other forums out there?

Ditto :)...

I like being able to share info. with people that are close.

If I have a problem then someone close to me can help and I can see their tank in person and tell if the advise is working.

Instead of taking the word of someone 2000 miles away. I guess it just seems more trusting if you are face-to-face then webpage-to-webpage!

TFT. Anytime I need help or even if I don't people are always asking me about ways to support it. The LFS shops have been awesome sponsors. For me, anything that helps my students is a very big plus. I have never witnessed this on any other forum (although this is the only one I go to!!!) For example, Josh (Mohaynow) pms me and says he did a group buy and what would I like for the classroom with the bonus points. I did not even know him (even though he live about a mile from me). This was right out of the blue. He is not the only example of this but the most recent. For me it is about the people on the forum. A great group of people. (even though my BFF did not mention my name in an above post) :)

I like the fact that within 2 hours I can be on the doorstep of any member here or have them at mine. It brings a closeness to the group that you don't get with the other sites. With that closeness you get comfortable, just like you would with friends, family etc. and people start to form "clicks" like in high school. I think some people feel that they don't fit in within some clicks as well as they have before or do now and they may form an opinion, which they are entiltled to do, and like any forum....it gets off track. It's still conversation among friends and fellow reefers and it a good thing. This forum has a TON of good people, good information, good friends etc. and alot going for it, now and in the future. Those who have fallen off, post blame, chew their words without tasting them first just need to take a deep breath, walk outside, look up and thank God that they are in a place where they are able to have a saltwater tank(s) and a resource like this forum then go back to the keyboard. Unless you are Claythesavagefraser, life, forums, vendors, LFS's, group buys etc. will go wrong at some point and your feelings will get hurt. Take a deep breath. Go to a different thread, search something different, mabey enjoy the Pic of the Month? What I guess I'm rambling on about is just drama. If you read past the first post and found this you are apart of the drama. Most of us are adults. When I see a thread about " the good things this forum brings and we might be getting a bad rap" It Erks me. To all of you " lurkers" , stay around It's a great GROUP! Chime in and remember to do watere changes.

I like the people and the fact that everyone is local. This is the only aquarium forum I visit with an regularity because of the fact that everyone is nearby. I have got a ton of advice here and anytime I have been looking for something someone has always had it and I have been able to meet them quickly. It is also nice to see what deals the lfs (sponsors) are having and what they have in stock so I can easily get what I need. This is definitely a great asset to the local reefer.

Doug

Wow all of these posts are how I feel about the club. I used to visit RC all day everyday and have not browsed threads there in over a month. The people that I have meet here are priceless to me and I truly feel like I am part of a club instead of an online forum. I love the fact that I can post a problem and get a response in minutes. I know Notpennysboat posted on RC yesterday about his fish and 8 hours later still did not have one response and he had three in less than 10 minutes here. I am PNWMAS's biggest fan.(rock2)

• Like 1