LiveAquaria buy?

defigart

Mods - I wasn't sure where to put this so feel free to move it.

Im going to be buying some fish from LiveAquaria.com in the next couple weeks. Im not going to be reaching the amount needed for free shipping, $225.

So Im wondering if anyone would like to join in with this. Feel free to post here or PM me. Thanks.

Just playing devils advocate here, but why should we even, hmmm not sure if care is the right word, but can't think of any other, what Dorans reasons are for ordering through LiveAquaria? If he doesn't want to do business with a local LFS, that's his business, he's just asking if anyone wants to piggy back, I'd personally like to, as they have a selection of fish that none of the stores WE personally frequent can touch, and don't bother mentioning the others, I won't do business with em lol.

I like and have heard nothing but good things about LiveAquaria, and would gladly order from em, I'm just leary of shipping, I only really trust one business when it comes to shipping, and as you can tell from about a quarter of the corals in my tank, I do quite a decent amount of business with him LOL(thanks again Kevin LOL).

Anyway, if a person doesn't want to do business with the LFS, it's their issue, it's not up to us to play police and question why they don't shop locally.

I see this from both sides, I do.

You may want to inquire locally and see if the fish you want are even available to your LFS.

I ask about availability quite often of species of inverts/corals/fish I am looking for, and I find that I can get what I am looking for locally - in most cases & for less $$ than shipping livestock in.

You may want to inquire locally and see if the fish you want are even available to your LFS.

I ask about availability quite often of species of inverts/corals/fish I am looking for, and I find that I can get what I am looking for locally - in most cases & for less $$ than shipping livestock in.

I have a feeling that was all geared towards me Shaun. He seems to disagree with everything I say on the boards now. Either way I was just curious if they had looked into buying from the LFS. I personally would not want to buy a fish unseen. That being said they sell a lot more than just fish so maybe it was a specific coral he was looking for. I was just trying to ask an honest question and it got taken the wrong way with some people. Good luck on your group buy. They do have some very nice stuff on there. Just from what I saw most was more expensive than the LFS prices.

i used to order fish and inverts from them all the time when i lived on the coast where it would cost me more to drive to a good LFS then shipping cost me. out of over 15+ orders only had one thing come dead and they gave my money back and send me a new fish! lol. i thought that was awesome :) i would not hesitate from ordering from them again!

.... I personally would not want to buy a fish unseen

YOU nailed it! Especially high $$ livestock

Just from what I saw most was more expensive than the LFS prices

Totally agree. I don't know where most people frequent as far as LFS, but I have visited at least 6 in the last week and they all have very reasonable prices. Mind you, you want a rare jicker-jacker-neon-poker-chalice-darth-oh-not-again coral, you will have to pay top dollar. (After some years out of the hobby, the naming of corals is out of control)

Im just curious if I can have my thread back? DOH!

I have nothing against any of the LFS's. I know many of them, and both of the local wholesalers. (rock2)

So that being said. Im going to set an order date of February 28th. That would give us delivery on March 1st. Who's in?

So far I have:

defigart

tangov559

mitchel

Anyone else?

Yes, it is true, Liveaquaria, gets their fish and corals from the same suppliers that I go through to get my fish and corals. With that being said, there is not much, that I can think of, that Liveaquaria can order that most if not all real local fish stores can't order.

Yes you can have your thread back, The members here were trying to give you some good advise. Suggesting seeing in person before buying a fish is some of the best advise I have heard on here. If you want to buy from Liveaquaria go for it. I'll bet, that alot of lfs here in Portland would match or beat their pricing.