What Should I Do With My Nano

Mitchell

I have an Aquapod 24 that's been struggling with pest algae, aiptasia and a messed up light for years now. I finally decided to start over. I bought a 72 watt HO t5 light. I drained the tank, gave the live rock a vinegar bath, ran a 1 part vinegar 10 part freshwater solution in the tank and now I am running fresh water through the tank to rinse any left over vinegar out and soaking the live rock in freshwater.

I have a couple ideas on what I want to do with it, but I also want your opinion. My ideas are a softy/zoa tank, a species tank (like an angler or seahorse tank) or a fish only. What do you guys think, do you have any other ideas?

dont do fish only: all the cool non reef safe fish are too big for 24 gallons!

i like the idea of a maxi mini tank, or a sea horse tank.

i was toying around with making a macro algae forrest tank, which would be cool for seeing inverts and fish. plus, it is CHEAP! and you would have a KILLER 'fugium built in too.

I have had a shark tank for 3 years, its just sitting there empty because I don't have enough money/time to set it up haha.

I think I am leaning towards softy/zoa tank, but that seahorse is tempting. Is 72 watts enough for softies?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I have had a shark tank for 3 years, its just sitting there empty because I don't have enough money/time to set it up haha.

I think I am leaning towards softy/zoa tank, but that seahorse is tempting. Is 72 watts enough for softies?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

For softies it should be plenty. I'm still using the CF that come with the biocube. Sooner or later I plan on replacing them with T5's but his tank is constantly growing. Check out his build thread in my signature.

Do seahorses and all NPS Corals and gorgonians. Build yourself a little auto feeder in a mini fridge and house it under the tank in the stand. Then you dont have to worry about hand feeding your seahorse and corals by hand 5 times a day. Just go buy a few bottles of Reef Nutrition foods and your good ;)

And you wont have to upgrade your light at all since all the corals would be non-photosynthetic.

Do a google search for " Azoox " and it will bring up a lot of good info and some dedicated forums.

Do seahorses and all NPS Corals and gorgonians. Build yourself a little auto feeder in a mini fridge and house it under the tank in the stand. Then you dont have to worry about hand feeding your seahorse and corals by hand 5 times a day. Just go buy a few bottles of Reef Nutrition foods and your good ;)

And you wont have to upgrade your light at all since all the corals would be non-photosynthetic.

Do a google search for " Azoox " and it will bring up a lot of good info and some dedicated forums.

That would be sweet. Very cool idea. Maybe even a cool little pipefish.

I always wanted to do somthing I saw in the little free Reef Hobbyist magizine called "Chalice Heaven" it was a Nano tank specifically for chalices, they had obtained a crazy amount of growth in a small amount of time comparativly with this set-up. Just an Idea. Thanks Harold