Racefan's 40B Build part2

racefan

For some reason(Don't have a clue as to why) my first build/assembly thread got locked so I'll start part 2. I got the stand finished today & the tank drilled. I just have to paint the back of the tank black,wait for my pump & start plumbing.(clap)(clap) Here's the latest progress pics.

TANK DRILLED

DSCF2074small.jpg

Finished Stand.I need to get another knob for the right hand door(never could count very well,3 doors 2 knobs?)

DSCF2075small.jpg

Here's the inside. I painted it white to reflect the light when I get my sump & start Cheato growing. I got the cheapest 12"x12" peel & stick floor tiles from Home Depot(36 cents ea) to use on the floor so when water spills it can be easily wiped up or evaporate for those lazy moods.Mounted a power strip in a easy to reach spot & made a GFI gang box & mounted to the rear wall. Next addition is going to be one of those white shower caddy baskets mounted to the inside of one of the doors.

DSCF2076small.jpg

Just another inside view.

DSCF2077small.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an update finally. I got it plumbed & the 45 moved over to the 40B yesterday.

I went with a Maxi Jet 4500 return pump(1175gpm) a BRS media reactor with GFO & carbon. A 22 gal sump. I had hopes that my Aqua C Remora skimmer would work on my sump for the time being but when it's in the cabinet I cannot get the collection cup off so if any on's looking there will be a nice skimmer with a Mag3 pump for sale soon. When I went to move the sand from the 45 it had a slight sulfur smell. i called SWF & Patrick said "if it smalls like sulfur, better go with new sand" so I put new live sand in & used all but 10 gals of the old water. I'm getting some micro bubbles from my returns though. It looks better than the pics make it look. Mike

DSCF2088sm.jpg

DSCF2092sm.jpg

DSCF2093sm.jpg

DSCF2091sm.jpg

DSCF2090sm.jpg

Roy

There's kind of a funny story with that picture. If you will notice the wallpaper border is pool table themed. Well when my wife & I were repainting the downstairs I suggested that border.She said "what next a picture of dogs playing poker?" Well I just had to one up her, next to that is a picture of dogs playing pool.(we have a pool table downstairs so it all fits)