Wrasse might not make it

fpd4308

Today my wrasse thought he would grab some food out of my new maxi mini anemone. Well the anemone grabbed him I rescued him after only a few seconds but he is not looking good. :( He is one of my favorite fish so I will hope for the best. The other fish seem to be stearing clear so hopefully he won't trick any more fish.

i feed the maxi yesterday! thats just bad luck! my LTA eat mt clam lol

Ya, just a very unfortunate thing. I have had other types of anemones and the wrasse never messed with them. I guess he was hypnotized by the pretty colors. Normally I don't do anemones for just these types of reasons but these dang maxis are so cool looking. Hopefully my other fish are more wary.

Doug

From what I have read they do pack a potent sting not just to fish but to corals. On the positive they don't typically move around a lot but the nice thing is they are relatively inexpensive compared to a true carpet anemone, much smaller so you can have them in a nano tank , come in so many colors, and you can frag them.

Any of the new Maxi owners have a watchman goby? Ive been really wanting to get one of these nems' date=' but wont do it if my little bottom dweller is going to get munched.[/quote']

I have a hectors goby and a pair of clowns in with mine, all seem to be doing fine!