Noodle's 65

eviljunglenoodle

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah you are right, we played around with flow and different fittings and got it quieter, I also put some media on the skimmer outlet to help with dampening water noise-

So after starting this tank on 1/16 with a raw shrimp the levels are now 2 ppm ammonia which was recently off the chart, nitrites are now off the chart- or at least a shade I can't find on the card lol- and 20 ppm nitrate. The fines from the sugar sand is still blowing around some so it's not crystal clear yet, will take some more pics once it looks a little better :D

• 3 weeks later...

If I was you, I'd listen to Steve, he's done everything he can think of to get rid of those [language filter] things an has had very little success with it. If it was me, I'd put em on the back wall an let em grow all over the back wall, have a wall of waving green, that'd look cool.

CUC should always be the first thing added to a tank' date=' and since the tank just finished it's cycle, you might should of waited a few more weeks, preferably months, before putting corals in.[/quote']

You want me to keep snails for a few months, really?? Is that what everyone does and recommends here? If anything the good bacteria is going to decrease and is still going to have to adjust when you slowly add things- I don't see any advantage of waiting a few months over a few days, in fact it seems more risky to me since you don't have a steady ammonia lvl to feed the live rock- whatever, but thanks for the positive response lol

It's ok to add fish after the cycle has finished, but I've always been told, I never seem to follow my own advice, but that's just me, LOL, it has cost me in the past, a LOT, but anyway, waiting to add the corals is suggested because it gives the tank a chance to fully cycle and get good growth going on not just the bacteria, but also on the little critters that we can't really see that keep everything else in the tank, including the corals, nice and healthy. Also gives the tank a chance to fully stabilize. Just softies shouldn't be too much of a problem, but I highly recommend waiting at least 6 months before adding any kind of SPS, chalices, or clams.

• 1 month later...