orange spot filefish, plant tank

Electrokate

I flooded our basement and it stinks so the carpet has to be removed and the concrete ground down... tanks are probably going to have to go. Can anyone take an orange spot filefish? Needs feeding 5 times a day.

Am going to keep as much as I can but am probably going to have to drastically cut back for a while. I'll be taking Nick frags and stuff since I can buy it back from him later.

Don't suppose anyone needs a 50 gallon plant tank with everything for 150 bucks?

5368152019_e74d1b4928_b.jpg

Kate

What are you feeding the file fish? I thought they ate sps exclusively. Five birds nest frags a day could get a little spendy LOL.

In the morning I feed SF Brand "Plankton" and "Reef Plankton", they chase it around but not sure how much they eat. Then they get a chunk of DIY food, I hang it in an algae clip and they pick at it. They will eat bloodworms and blackworms, again not in huge amounts but I toss some in since I feed them to the freshwater fish. Mid afternoon I toss another chunk of DIY food in an algae clip. Evening they get mysis shrimp and krill, they take a few pieces of each but are slower than the other fish so don't get many of them. Then they get their 3rd helping of DIY food. Basically I think they live off the DIY food. Both files initially lost weight but gained it back, one actually looks fat. If I don't give them 3 feedings a day of the DIY stuff they eat the Montipora digitata. They seem to leave plating monti alone, and already took all the polyps off the acro a long time ago but it's not dead. There are a couple birdsnests in their tank in poor health but they fell into mushrooms so hard to say which did em in. They do not eat softies, zoanthids, mushrooms, clove polyps, gorgonians or clams. I've seen them eat hair algae too, but not to the extent of eliminating it.

Their mouth openings are tiny but tiny food does not catch their eye, I think that is why they eat coral. Even mysis shrimp is a stretch.

Going to be really hard to sell this fish...

Kate

what is the filtration on it? i may be interested in the filter

Hoping to sell the entire system, actually. It's a Marineland hang on filter, has a biowheel. I have to turn it upside down to read the model number, very annoying product design. Guess I better do that since the guy who maybe wants to buy the system also asked. I do have a bunch of hang on filters if you need one, depending how big your tank is.

THanks,

Kate

Id take the filefish...but my tank will not be up for a few weeks...if you can hold to them for a bit longer' date=' I will take them...let me know if that some how works.[/quote']

If I still have it I will let you know. They are a big commitment, that is for sure. I really need to tear their tank out this weekend though.

Thanks,

Kate