My LiL 29

J.R

So I decided to get me a little tank to scratch my itch while I am waiting to have the family room completed and the spot for the 180 to sit. (naughty) So I went to Upscales and got a killer deal on a 29gal Oceanic Bio Cube HQI.(rock2) Only took me about an hour to set-up.(rock2)

The light is super bright but I am eigther going to find a way to rig up a couple of T-5 actinics or some LED. I might swap the bulb for something more blue. It currently has a 14k coralife bulb. (scratch)

1ab1fcd5.jpg

12e702c1.jpg

dc96b23f.jpg

dea53bd6.jpg

9d2473ef.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well I havnt done an update on this tank in a while. Heres a full tank shot. My cycle was really quick on this tank, just over two weeks and it was done. I did change out some of the original rock I had in here for some more workable pieces that I had in the barrels.

DSCF1955.jpg

• 1 year later...

Nice tank, now that it is mine I should take a picture of it and show off some of the livestock I have in it. Right now it is filled with all of the rocks and fish that I put in it for a bedroom setup and it also contains alot of the rock and fish from my office Biocube. I just moved my Salem office to Dallas, Oregon. I have to do construction on my new office and there is no heat in the building, so I have a another Biocube HQI 29 sitting in my storage room filled with cold water, live sand, and some live rocks. The heater that I was using is not big enough to handle the cold temperatures in my office so the water is freezing. I am getting a bigger titanium heater for the tank on Wednesday. The heater that you sold me with the Biocube that is in my bedroom was defective and kept electrocuting me.

When I get the water warmed up in the office tank I can get some of the rock and livestock out of the now way overcrowded Biocube that you sold me and take pictures of it. I really love the live rock that you gave me. Really made a nice wall for the rear.